to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Welcome all  (Read 20429 times)

Jimmyc205

Re: Welcome all
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 03:44:42 PM »
Hi, great site. Unfortunately, I feel as if I am a bit of a fraud joining this site. I was only TA, 9 years as a Medic, 8 as a Cook. But spent many years with both TA and Regular units. Last job was as a Brigade funded chef was in Paderborn, with 1 LI  at Allenbrooke Barracks ( now 5 Rifles ) spent a year there, did 2 years in Bosnia with the Americans Military, all their civvy chefs were ex Brit Military in various locations as a civvy chef, a year with Queens & Scottish div training Group in Edinburgh Glencorse Barracks , Cooked at 3 different Military Tattoos at Redford Barracks In Edinburgh. Plus various attachments to other units.

All my training was done in the tower at St Omer.  :)

Army Catering Corps

Re: Welcome all
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 03:44:42 PM »

Offline Micky

• phpBB Pte.
Hi there folks (Long Lost Friends)
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 12:43:32 AM »
Hi There My name is Michael (Micky) I joined the Acc on Jan 1969 and was Demobed in 1976 L/Cpl

I served in Germany Cyprus with the UN and ended my serves in Catterick I was born in BMH Kinrara Malaya in 1951 we then moved to Singapore and then onto  West Germany were I did most of my schooling we moved to England in the early to mid 60’s

My Mother was from Lancashire and my Father from Yorkshire so my Mother won the Battle and we moved to Longridge in Lancashire were my granny lived

My late Father Born 1911 served in the Firstly in the Territorials in 1927 until 1935 then joined the Regulars in 1939 he was mobilised on the outbreak of war with the 4th BN E Yorks Regt

He went to France with his Regiment and was evacuated at DUNKIRK, In 1941 he went with his Regt to N AFRICA and joined the 8th Army and was taken prisoner in 1942 at the battle of KNIGHTSBRIDGE

He went to POW camp in ITALY and in July 1943 succeeded in escaping unable to get back to the UK, he joined up with the Partisans in ITALY and stayed with them until 1945 when he reported to an S AFRICAN unit in TURIN.

He returned to the UK in 1945 and served there until going to MALAYA (Now Malaysia) in 1948 as CQMS and then RQMS with the GREEN HOWARDS in 1952 he returned from MALAYA and served in AUSTRIA and GERMANY and in1956 he got back to his own Regiment The Prince of Wales’s Own Regiment Of Yorkshire and came to serve on ERE appointment in GERMANY.

On 31st August 1957 Her Majesty the Queen saw fit to honour him with the award of Long service and Good Conduct Medal
As many of the old solders and most of the younger ones for that matter enjoy a pint or two my recollection of my father in his later Army Career  was that he was pissed most night in the Sgt Mess this lead to my father getting busted down the ranks and he ended his career as C/Sgt

Best Wishes Michael /Micky (MickjG)

Army Catering Corps

Hi there folks (Long Lost Friends)
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 12:43:32 AM »