to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Dunkirk Platoon Sgt Mahoney Cpl Hankin Time 1976-78  (Read 10191 times)

pauledward

Dunkirk Platoon Sgt Mahoney Cpl Hankin Time 1976-78
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:45:57 AM »
Hy if anyone was in this plattoon at this time, would they like to get in touch I dont remember much of it but remember afew people.

Army Catering Corps

Dunkirk Platoon Sgt Mahoney Cpl Hankin Time 1976-78
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:45:57 AM »

Slopjocky

Re: Dunkirk Platoon Sgt Mahoney Cpl Hankin Time 1976-78
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 11:59:10 PM »
Hi Paul....

There are a few around still in the Area

Mike Cutmore     10th intake..............  If I remember correctly you were 11th

rood

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
Hi
Remember them well, i was 4/77 dunkirk.
Do you have any photos as mine where all lost.
Thanks
Scouse. :)

Hefty

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 06:20:39 AM »
Hi, I was in Dunkirk Platoon from '76 til '78 and remember Sgt Mahoney and Cpl Hankins very well. Top shooting instructors esp. Cpl Hankins. Real name is Hamish Henderson but everyone knew me as Hefty. Joined 1st Btn. Welsh Guards in Sept '78 in Berlin. Joined their Shooting team and came back to the UK early '79 for SEDSAM (South East District Small Arms Meeting). Did one TOD with them in NI and got posted to R.E.M.E Arborfield about a month before the Falklands. My Dad also narrowly missed out on the Falklands, he was 7th Gurkha Rifles!! I see Pte R. Middlewick memorial on this site, I knew him well RIP.

http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk/gall/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=142&cat=7
http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk/gall/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=137&cat=7

Also know Simon Weston as he was in the Welsh Guards Shooting team same time as me. Genuine all round nice guy.

My other half to be is an ex army brat who I met on Facebook. Turns out her dad was ACC and was at St'Omer round about the same time but on the Regs side and in the stores.

Mike Cutmore, I remember you well bud. Always had a messy locker for inspection lol. Think your first posting was down in North Camp?? Anyway your in this photo but shame its not too clear:-

http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk/gall/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=171&cat=8

If I find any of my old photos I'll post on this site.

Chiou for now.

Paul Raven

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 02:17:13 AM »
Hefty, I may have been the one that replaced you at the Welsh Guards. I was alos in the shooting team and played in their 2nd team at Rugby. Rick was a very good friend of mine and you will be glad to know that His Mother and Father are being presented with the Elizabeth Cross next month, which I have kindly been invited to. Rick along with Barry Bullers, Taff Jones and Alfie Connett are sadly missed.

Regards

Paul 

Hefty

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:03:29 AM »
Got a shooting team photo with Sgt MaHoney and Cpl Hankins. Need to scan into the PC and will post this weekend and put a link here.

Offline stampy608

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
Today (14th) marks 35 years since the start of the 4/76 intake.  The first white bus from the station to the tower block for nearly 200 of us that day.  We were a big intake although I doubt half actually passed out 2 years later, When I left 16 years later I recall noting only about 30 names, although many were from Dunkirk platoon. To my knowledge two are actually still serving. 

Here's to you all wherever you are.
Here's to those of that intake that made it through the first day. 
Here's to those that left us before their time like Neil Dobson and possibly others that have simply dropped off lifes radar.
- and thanks to Chris Mahoney and Hank for trying to steer me and the rest of us in the right direction for those first two troublesome but ultimately rewarding years.

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:57:57 PM »
Bloody Bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o ::) :P

Take it the 3 tonner was US????????? ;D

Bruce

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
HaHaHa nae luck

chefterry

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 08:54:43 AM »
Hi
Just to say i was in DUNKIRK Platoon in 1970 our platoon SGT Taffy Jones and Ozzy Barker was our CPL then it Cpl Schwartz,great memories shame its been pulled down

Best of Luck
Terry Hendley

Geordie Martin

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
Hi, I was in Dunkirk Platoon from '76 til '78 and remember Sgt Mahoney and Cpl Hankins very well. Top shooting instructors esp. Cpl Hankins. Real name is Hamish Henderson but everyone knew me as Hefty. Joined 1st Btn. Welsh Guards in Sept '78 in Berlin. Joined their Shooting team and came back to the UK early '79 for SEDSAM (South East District Small Arms Meeting). Did one TOD with them in NI and got posted to R.E.M.E Arborfield about a month before the Falklands. My Dad also narrowly missed out on the Falklands, he was 7th Gurkha Rifles!! I see Pte R. Middlewick memorial on this site, I knew him well RIP.

http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk/gall/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=142&cat=7
http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk/gall/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=137&cat=7

Also know Simon Weston as he was in the Welsh Guards Shooting team same time as me. Genuine all round nice guy.

My other half to be is an ex army brat who I met on Facebook. Turns out her dad was ACC and was at St'Omer round about the same time but on the Regs side and in the stores.

Mike Cutmore, I remember you well bud. Always had a messy locker for inspection lol. Think your first posting was down in North Camp?? Anyway your in this photo but shame its not too clear:-

http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk/gall/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=171&cat=8

If I find any of my old photos I'll post on this site.

Chiou for now.
hi i knew ricky as we where in the same intake 4/77 and we went to the Edinburgh Tatoo in79. we also sailed down to the falkland on the QE2,as i was then with 2SG,as was sad to hear about his passing after the war. so we may have met again then

Geordie Martin

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »
Hy if anyone was in this plattoon at this time, would they like to get in touch I dont remember much of it but remember afew people.
hi i was in dunkirk 4/77 and here are some of the people i remember from 4/77;- Baird,Branson(pickles),Briggs,Burns,Cod,Cross(rev),Donovan,Finley(jock),Gooch,Harding,Hunt,Keogh,Martin(geordie or messtins),Meekins(ted or tedboy),Munday(al),Nutting,Prichard(dizzy),Roode(spouse),Spencer,Thornton,Thompson(tommo or boy CSM). thats about all the lads from my intake i can remember,but there was Ellis(2/77),Blagdon(4/76)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:54:42 PM by Geordie Martin »

Offline Billy Thomson

• phpBB Pte.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:37:40 PM »
Messtins
Tommo here can you get in touch
braeside93@gmail.com

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:37:40 PM »