to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Intake 3/80 B company  (Read 22059 times)

mrchill

Re: Intake 3/80 B company
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »
Hi Guys,

Its Paul "Chilly Mcquillan, how you all doing - found this site by mistake a few days ago, glad I did!! Been a long time eh!

Out the Army now for some 5 years, went the full distance and a good pension to show for it! Ive seen Pete Clarke a few times - he obviously didn't know it was me as he has not mentioned it in his previous mail.....face recognition not a strong part of being a copper eh Pete!!!!

Working at RMA Sandhurst running the Officers Mess/ New College, great job, and still inside the comfort blanket of the Army, Mark Stevenson is the Head Chef in Old college - remember him?

Who's up for a reunion, I'm in a great place to host it and accommodate people....look forward to hearing from you.

Chilly

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »

mrchill

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 10:21:54 PM »
Hi Every one Colin Hill 3/80 here great to see a few of the old names popping up.
Live in Spain now and have a restaurant for my sins !! www.almacera.eu  a reunion would be great , take some organising though!! any volunteers step forward NOW !
I have some great memories of the collage years and some bad ones too !! always in the Sh*t about something me !! saying that I did manage to avoid a spell in the jail house !!
Keep the posts coming and I am right up for a party reunion !!

Cheers Colin

Chilipepper

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »

How many names do you remember?

Colin Hill.........Kept the heat off of the rest of us!
Chilli...........Did you get tied up with the F1 scene?
Paddy Marsh......Never saw again
Jimmy Simes.......Footballing Scouser
Big Jock Smith....I think he got kicked out
Pete Clarke......now a police officer
Jimmy Casey.....Glasgow thru and thru
Jock Matushek....Polish Glaswegian
Tom Kerr........Kicked out for drugs!
Bobbin?........Colin Halls mate!
Pete from Preston.....Never seen again
Pete Wilcox...Hello Pete
Scouse Rose......Good singer
Steve Bell......Last saw Steve in Bosnia
Darren Ball (4/80)
Chris Reeson......Fellow airborne Warrior
Waggy Wagstaff....Sings with Take That!
Foster (App RSM).......Last Saw in Edinburgh
Cpl Tully......Good egg
Sgt Walker....Another Good Egg
Mick Delaney (RIP).....Killed in Ballykinler
Woody Woodward.....Last saw in Cyprus 1983

Can you add to this list?

mrchill

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »
Eddie Cockrane 

eeee ahhhh Winterson

Georgie Walker

Ding Dong Bell

Sid ginge Hughes

Red Arse Sullivan (all SGT/MAJ)

Still thinking will post as I rember !!

Chilipepper

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »

I was talking to my partner the other day about how i felt about my son Tom leaving home and going 'travelling' as part of his gap year prior to university. Tom is 19 and it still feels like he's my wee lad!  Then i reflected back on us lot in Venning & Byford Plts at the tender ages of 16 (I was actually not 16 until the August!)

Bloody Hell, we were still kids!

No wonder we all had so much fun.

Sergeant Walker and Corporal Tully (Sid) were like our big bruv or parents!

Remember bobby Pearce!  He was our Plt comd and didn't look old enough to shave!

What about CSM Burnett (I think he was Black Watch)  He had a moustache that you could catch pigeons in!

I remember how good it was to finish on a Saturday because we all knew that we had Sunday off and could watch TV, stay up late and have a lie in on the Sunday morning (Unless we had Church Parade).

I also remember how poor we all were. (Usually just after pay day!).
It was seen as being rich if you had money to spend in the NAAFI on a pot noodle!  Bloody Hell we were all poor!

I also remember :

Doing your dobby in the sinks!
Queing for Scoff outside K2
Brian the Butcher,,,,i mean Barber
DEGS! and their incredibly mahooooosive chefs hats!
Tracy, the tastey young girl who worked in the Tower Block....Every Apprentices Wet dream!
Running down that canal!
Walking into Aldershot for a pint of Lager and Blackcurrent!!!
Walking back because you couldn'rt afford a taxi
Passing my B3 and feeling like Gordon Ramsay!
Winning the Drill comp - Venning Plt 1982!!!!!

Happy days indeed.

Regards

ChrisD

tonymat

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
Hey Guys,

Tony Matuszczyk here, I was shocked and stunned when I stumbled across all of these posts, it brought a lump to my throat as I reminisced about the great two years spent in Aldershot.
I'll never ever forget those days and will alsays remember you all as fantastic friends, It would be absolutely fantastic to meet up again somewhere, don't quite know where and how, but I think we should.
I'm living in Ayrshire now and have been for about 13 years, I publish books for a living, mainly sports clubs and more predominantly football clubs, helping to raise money fror youth development and grass roots football. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Tony.

Chilipepper

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »

Hey Tony,

Chris (Stanislav) Dickson here. Nice to hear from you.  I hope all is good with you.  do you still keep in touch with wee Jimmy Casey Fae Glesga?

I have fond memories of you, Jimmy, Tom Kerr, Woody, Paddy Marsh and the crew playing 5 a side in the Gym at weekends.

Did you stay in the Army or did you bugger off to Civvie Street?

I served with 1 Para and got my Wings there.  Went to Germany and hated catering so i transferred into the RAOC in 1987 and became a Military Training Instructor. I had a brill career and finished off as an RSM.  Met Dinger Bell in bosnia (He was the Master Chef!) I got out in 2004 and now work overseas (Security) some of the time.  I still visit my family in Scotland but don't get up as much as i would like. I've Been Married and Divorced and have a son called Tom.

Bumped into our old Platoon Sgt from Venning Plt (The wee Scotsman).  He works in a big Hotel in Cheshire.  We had a laugh about some of the things we all got up to in those days!

It would be great if someone organised a get together, i would definately attend.

St Omer is no more.  It is now a new Foundation College - very nifty indeed.

Regards

Chris

mrchill

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »
Hi all
Colin Hill here 3/80 Byford Plt
Any one up for a get together ?

tattoo697

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
Byford's platoon sergeant was Al Saunders the platoon Cpl was Steve Carroll  who I met on my Junior Man course in 88 as a SSGT then the first Gulf as my Master chef then at Gatwick Airport doing his Environmental Health officer training then Glasgow as the OC of the Airbourne TA Medics (now their Colonel) as is currently working as a Catering Consultant.
I was 3/81 Byford Mick cobb

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »