St. Omer > Best Catering Instructer

best instuctor

(1/4) > >>

pac:
There were many exellent instructors ; both in the schools and units .
A man I shall never forget was Sidney Norris ,he was one of the few all round tradesmen , a top class instructor . What I learnt from him helped me so much in civiy street.

Combat_Cookie:
Mark 'Scouse' Roberts,

Was one of the best,

Took me through basic training, then 12 years later ended up being my RCWO...

A great instructor, great boss and became a great friend.

Must mention Billy Barrie too, taught me everything I could ever wish to know about catering. Top Chef and top Bloke.

CHINERS:
I have fought hard to overcome my modesty
But I think I may have given them all a run for their money

rubberguts:
They were all good and well trained, The one who stood out for me was an SSM Gilmore or was it Gillman. Came across him in Egypt. Great cook and true adventurer. 

rubberguts:
The Instructors were all good in my book. However, one senior Cook Sergeant stood out, not for his abilities, rather more for a "Blooper." He had freshly returned from an overseas field posting and was assigned  to the main bulk kitchen at St.Omer Barracks an duly wasted no time at beginning to stamp an authoritative impression on the cooks.
 I happened to be one half of two cooks caught talking while he had us lined up for inspection. He knew I was a civvy street cook and told me to go and perform some task. The other cook, he ordered to go and stand by the steamers and not do anything unless told to do so.
 The Sergeant told the cook to put the steak and kidney puddings in the steamers for lunch and the bloke obliged. Come service time and the Sergeant went to get the puddings from the steamer.
All merry hell was let loose when the Sergeant realized the puddings were still raw. "Why didn't you follow my orders?" He bellowed.
"I did Sergeant " the cook replied. "You ordered me to put the puddings in the steamer. You didn't tell me to turn the steam on."
Well there were footprints over the ceiling as the sliced cold meat for supper was hastily brought out and bacon ready for the next days breakfast was cooked along with sauted potatoes and anything that could be found to go towards supplementing the main item on the menu.
It didn't turn out to be as humorous to us as it first seemed when we were required to replenish the food for supper and the breakfast preparation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version