Welcome > Introduce yourself

Welcome all

(1/4) > >>

magpie24:
Well its taken me a while but I finally got the site off the ground I hope you like it  :lol: I would appreciate any feedback and sugestions, to improve the site, enjoy   ;D :o 8)

Brian Hogg

PS A bit about me I served in the Corps for 12 years from 1970, I was a boy soldier (Dunkirk Platoon With Taff Jones as platoon Sgt.). I served in Cove Padderborne and Hannover. Drop me a line if you recognise me.

Brian

DaveElson:
Dave Elson
Served from '68 to '75. ST & U squads Sept '68, moved to St Omer when completed early next year?
Had a few responses from Ian's site, just keeping my name out there.

paulatpub:
Hi

I joined as a boy soldier in 66 and served till 75 would be nice to meet old friends.

keep up the good work on the site

Chris Hand:
Hi Brian, great idea to set this up. I have been a frequent visitor to Ian Reads' site for many years now and have been on the look out for any old friends I served with. I think one thing we need, if you have the expertise, is to set up some sort of easy accessible database to contact lost friends. Ian has done a great job with his site, but it would take hours to read all the messages on the notice board. It needs some system where there was either an alphabetical list of names or a list of service dates or intakes.

I joined in 1975 through Apprentice College, 1977 – 1980 Sandhurst, 1980 – 1985 7 Armd Wksp REME Fallingbostel, 1985 – 1988 42 Survey Engr Regiment Hermitage, 1988 – 1989 1 Irish Rangers Lemgo, 1989 – 1990  4 Armd Wksp REME Detmold. Left in 1990.

magpie24:
Hi Chris,
thanks for joining one of the things I plan on doing is keeping the sort of details you mentioned and I will probably use a database, its a matter of time to do it at the moment. I am still tying to scrape content together if any one has any ideas. Also you may be able to access the members list once you have logged in its at the top of the page. If you dont see it let me know and I will seee if I can enable it.   :lol:  :roll:

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version