to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: search for WWII cooks (for a documentary)  (Read 3424 times)

zuzana

search for WWII cooks (for a documentary)
« on: February 25, 2007, 03:44:26 AM »
Dear All

I am writing to ask you for help with our search for WWII army cooks who served in Europe or Africa.
We are a small independent Austrio-Slovak film production focusing on feature documentaries, currently working on a documentary about the  history of World War II in Europe retold through the stories of the army cooks/caterers.

The documentary film COOKING HISTORY will portray several military cooks across Europe who served in different armies in the 20th century. Through their memories we will approach another universe of historical events that lies behind the “Grand History”. This is a film about the so-called “common people” and “ordinary soldiers”, who are not mentioned in any history book, and who nevertheless shape the history of Europe. Cooking History will explore the influence of these people on the course of history – and how history changed their lives.

My task is to find these people and to try and ask them whether they might be interested in working with us. We are already working with a few veterans from the Royal Chelsea Hospital , however, now I am looking for those who served outside UK .

I would be very grateful should you know anyone or any institution I might turn to or ask for advice.

Look forward to your answer

Best regards

Zuzana  Flaskova
Field Researcher
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:55:40 AM by zuzana »

Army Catering Corps

search for WWII cooks (for a documentary)
« on: February 25, 2007, 03:44:26 AM »