to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Tony Bowyer  (Read 2709 times)

Biddy Crumpet

Tony Bowyer
« on: May 11, 2007, 03:41:18 AM »
Hi
Does anyone remember Tony  - my father - (1st name John, but always called Tony as far as I know)?  He served in the ACC for a few years, probably from the late 50's to the early 60's.  He was in Aden (at Little Aden), Malaya (Ulu Piah?  August 1961), and also Kenya? and Germany.  He had a passion for photography and use to borrow the photography unit's Hasselblad...

He bought himself out in the early 1960's to got to college to study photography, unfortunately he was killed shortly after he left the army in a motorcycle accident.

I think that he was a bit of a daredevil - I have photos of an execution by sword which he took undercover in Aden.

My mother lost contact with Tony's family shortly after his death, and I would dearly love to know more about him, and hear from anyone that knew him.

I have one photo that he took which has 'Tpr Golding, Service 9 yrs (completed 2 years),  Occupation: Scout car driver.  Home town: Woolwich' written on the back - I guess he was a friend - if no-one knew Tony, did anyone know him?

I would be really grateful for any information.

Thanks.

e-mail: crumplervaughan@tiscali.co.uk

Army Catering Corps

Tony Bowyer
« on: May 11, 2007, 03:41:18 AM »