to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Daddy Pat  (Read 5343 times)

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Daddy Pat
« on: March 31, 2008, 01:32:29 AM »
 :'( It is with great and sincere sadness that I  have to inform you of the passing of  WOI Kenneth Colin Watson Paterson BEM better known to many ex Boys as, " Daddy Pat".

Pat Paterson was the inspiration and drive of many young lads during the 60's in the JTR & AAC at St Omer.

From my point he gave me more inspiration and determination as a young man than anyone I came in contact with...I was not unique!  The name "Daddy Pat" said it all, well respected, compassionate, caring focused and dedicated, he will be sadly missed.

The Controller of the Corps Association has forwarded the following funeral details:

Date:                 Wed 9 Apr 08.
Time:                1230 hrs.
Place:               Christ Church, Warminster, BA12 9PL.

Donations:        Dorothy House Hospice
                         c/o Funeral Director
                         F Curtis & Son, 11 Portway, Warminster, BA12 8QG

Condolences:   Mrs Kim Clifford (daughter)
                        34 Hillwood Lane
                        Warminster
                        Wilts, BA12 9QF    Tel: 07753 807881

:'( God Bless you Pat and a very big Thank You for your guidance in those formative years of my military life my old friend

Brian "Fred" Schwarzer reminded me that..."Heaven doesn't know what it's in for!" 

If you hear thunder over the next few weeks, it will be Pat putting the place in order!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 01:33:31 AM by Ian E Scott »

Army Catering Corps

Daddy Pat
« on: March 31, 2008, 01:32:29 AM »

Offline mick jones

• phpBB L/Cpl.
Re: Daddy Pat
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:42:48 AM »
 Q Pat,along with Chef Bill Jenner the finest trainers I have ever met.A man of compassion and true humour.
             May he rest in peace. :(

Supachef

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:02:31 AM »
Anyone who served in JTR in the 60's will remember Daddy Pat with the greatest of affection, a stern disciplinarian but a heart of gold underneath. Only a fool would attempt to run the gauntlet of creeping into the kitchen garages after morning break with their apron worn above the knee. I can still see him to this day with his beret pulled tight to the back of his head, he put the fear of God into me a few times, did me no harm though. I had the pleasure of meeting Pat again in the mid 80's when he was invited to a regimental dinner in the Sgts' Mess at Larkhill, thankfully he had mellowed with age by then and we had a great chat about old times. On behalf of all who had the honour of serving under you and including all those non swimmers you coached, Rest In Peace.

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
Now that obituary from Supachef really sums him up  ;D

Paterson

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:12 AM »
Kim here, Pat's daughter. I would just like to thank all who came to the funeral, sent cards/letters or called to offer their condolences. We were very touched by the comments and it has helped to know how much he will be missed by so many.  :)

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 03:18:05 AM »
Kim,

It was indeed our pleasure to say farewell to a man who gave us all so much in so many different ways.  Please try and put some photoes in the gallery of him.  He would have been proud of you all yesterday for the send off you gave him & Ron

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 03:18:05 AM »