to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: ACC Memorial Hall Under Threat  (Read 5448 times)

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
ACC Memorial Hall Under Threat
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »
This makes my blood boil. 

What about YOU?   :o >:( :(

As part of the redevelopment plans for St Omer Barracks, the ACC War Memorial Hall has been earmarked for reassignment as a Gurkha Temple and Families Centre to accommodate the needs of the Queens Own Gurkha Logistic Regiment when it moves from its present barracks in North Camp, in 2011.  Please see link for full story from ACC Association

http://association.org/index_files/MemHallUpdate.htm

As much as I love the Gurkha's this project is ill-conceived and an insult to our Corps fallen

This new is not acceptable! 

When will faceless MOD civil servant planners realise that this is not just a plot of land or any old building to the ACC, but a place of quiet reflection on our past and the ultimate sacrifice that some of our friends and comrades have paid for the continued price of democracy and freedom in the World? 

This is our War Memorial! Since when has it been UK policy to indiscriminately decide we cannot have it any longer?

Perhaps they should be asked to address the Association members at the next Warner's All Ranks Reunion weekend in May to get a depth of the feeling out there?

Perhaps it's also time for some direct action to No.10 Downing Street, after all we all read the spin that this Government is putting out about how well they look after us ex-servicemen and those still serving!

If you agree please support the Association by signing this petition at

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ACCMemorialHall/

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:21:03 AM by Ian E Scott »

Army Catering Corps

ACC Memorial Hall Under Threat
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »

pitbull10

Re: ACC Memorial Hall Under Threat
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:53:26 AM »
NO ! NO ! NO !

>:( >:( >:( Rob  >:( >:(

email fired off.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:08:19 AM by pitbull10 »

Offline khan123oo

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 02:10:51 AM »
Total agreement with you Ian  maybe the controller can get a petition going from our Corps to No 10 I am certain we would have a 100 percent turnout or maybe we can start the ball rolling? ourselves what do you think regards Mike
Hi my name is mike glover i joined the corps in 1966 i was attached to the royal scots 1 div sigs Royal anglians bmh dekhalia bmh hanover to name a few if there are members who remember me please send email i would love to chat about the corps or old time

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:20:28 AM »
Mike,

If I knew how to start the No.10 online petition I'd get it going.  There is a way on-line somewhere to set this up.

Ian

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 02:50:48 AM »
Petition created!!!!   :) :)

Quick google search did the trick!

This has been sent off to No.10 for approval

Keep looking at this link to see when it has been activated

It will remain on line until 6th April 2009 

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ACCMemorialHall/

Please read & sign the petition

Thanks for your support
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:11:55 AM by Ian E Scott »

Supachef

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 12:40:25 AM »
Done

dave.r

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:28:55 AM »
Disgusted by the news .I,ve signed and putting out a few emails to old corps contacts.
Dave

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
Grateful Thanks Dave...it's moving steadily 17 signatures so far in 24hrs

Offline mick jones

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 08:14:07 AM »
petition signed,
             What about turning The Guards Chapel into a centeral Mosque for all the governments islamic friends working in centeral London.

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 12:06:17 AM »
Thanks Mick,

I dont think they'd agree to that either!!!! ;D

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
I just got back from my Holiday ( well Deserved) and was horrified to see Scotties post. I have moved it to the front page to give it more exposure, there is some more we can do to fight this.

First contact your MP and MEP and complain put it in writing (Ian it might be a good idea to make a template complaint letter so we are all saying the same thing)

Second if you are member of any other online forum post the link and Scotties post above, ask people on the forum to sign it.

Third ask all your family and friends to sign it, send them an email with a link to the petition in it, ask each person to forward the email to 5 friends. ( again a template email would be a good idea)

Fourth Write to the Sun, The Mirror, The Star and any other paper you think will help.

Fifth  Write to the Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince Philip, after all she is still the head of the Armed Forces.

Sixth Tell everyone you know whats happening is a disgrace, if they seem interested send them an email and ask them to pass it on to friends and family.

Remember its easy for people to just click a link in an email or online, thats why its so very important to get the email campaign going, if your emails have the same effect as a chain email it will get the attention of thousands.

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »