to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Jack livesley WALTER MITTY  (Read 6551 times)

pitbull10

Jack livesley WALTER MITTY
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:18:19 AM »
Does anyone remember this idiot from the 70's, yet another ex member of the ACC making us all a laughing stock. he is in the Cambridge area.

here is the link to this scumbag http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=428154

When will this stop

Army Catering Corps

Jack livesley WALTER MITTY
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:18:19 AM »

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
Re: Jack livesley WALTER MITTY
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:40:27 AM »
Yep scumbag about sums him up, I was at St Omer at that time so he must have been there at the same time. I don't remember him, but there again I can just about remember what I did yesterday.  :o

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Re: Jack livesley WALTER MITTY
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 03:07:58 AM »
Just some of the posts off the Cambridge Site....Rot you B.....D!

Livesey Scum!
Posted By: Ian E Scott FIH on 02-Jul-2009
This scum is not fit to be a human being let alone call himself a soldier! I served 30 years in the ACC & CVHQ and have never heard anything so despicable. Shoot the coward!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walt!
Posted By: Big Al on 01-Jul-2009
Low! very low...glad he has been outed. I despise people like this. I recently attended a trip to the Falklands on a pilgrimage for veterans. I was RN in 82, but I was truely humbled by the tales the para's had to tell whilst we were on that trip. How someone can come along and pretend to have been there is dispicable and shows huge disrespect to the Para's that did serve. I'd love to see him get his comeuppance!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Livesey/Walters
Posted By: Mark Reid on 30-Jun-2009
Shame on him, there are many of them about, just outing another in Barcelona! M E Reid Falklands Veteran 9 Para RE

[No Subject]
Posted By: A concerned civilian on 27-Jun-2009
Despicable behaviour. The Cambridge News should instigate a campaign to ensure that this 'walt' faces perjury charges, and has his original suspended sentence re-examined in the light of his mendacity. Too often these characters are exposed, then quietly forgotten about, only to have them appear several years later repeating their claims. Until the UK has a 'stolen valour' law on the statute books, like our American and Australian cousins, putting this fool on trial for perjury is the best we can hope for. It would be nice too to see him recognise his crime, rather than continue the charade with his pathetic denials.

Jack Livesy
Posted By: Barry A Smith on 27-Jun-2009
This man has damaged the reputation of the Museum, the members of staff, the volunteers who give their time freely. Insulted the serving and past members of the regiment, may he be at peace with his conscience. If anything I feel pity for him.

DELOUSION OF GRANDEUR
Posted By: C BENTLEY on 27-Jun-2009
WHAT A MAN , HOPE HE SLEEPS ON A CONCRETE PILLOW, HIS GUILT MUST EAT HIM AWAY,

[No Subject]
Posted By: Sir Jackson on 27-Jun-2009
I agree with Mike Golden - who happens to be a personal friend of mine. This specimen is an absolute disgrace to 49 PARA. Bad drills Jack. March out!

Jack Livesy
Posted By: Cyril Clunge on 27-Jun-2009
This bloke has given me an idea!

livesey
Posted By: Chris Gryzelka on 26-Jun-2009
this man is the scum of the earth claiming to have been in the paras and to have been decorated with the MM he made a good living out of it £30,000 plus a good job one of my mates did win the MM in the falklands with 2 Para but ended up selling his MM to live this low life should be put in a room with MM paras he will probably need to claim invalidity benifits when they finish with him (also passed P Coy and served in the paras)

Jack Livesey
Posted By: Walter M. on 26-Jun-2009
To be fair to the guy he was ACC. The hardest unit in the Army, as no-one has ever passed its tough training course. The expert use of the spatula on squaddies fingers as they go for an extra sausage is not easily learnt.

Jack Livesey
Posted By: Louis (Reg) Hayward on 26-Jun-2009
Only 3yrs in the catering corp!!! He must have come up with some yarns down the pub, how he single handedly captured enemy strongholds under intense fire etc etc...I wonder how many free pints he had for all his lies.....a couple of weeks at Aldershot should do him some benefit followed by a very low altitude jump with a px chute at 600ft (also did P company...I have witnessess)

Jack Livesey
Posted By: Bill Bentley on 26-Jun-2009
I served in HMF from 1970 -1990 and was with 2 Para in the Falklands and was awarded the Military Medal for my actions there. I do not recall Jack Livesey ! How low can one sink; to steal the reputation of honourable men is dispicable. I guess that he will now claim to be a compulsive something or other and get an early retirement pension; while the real 'warriors' continue to have their genuine claims rejected. It's a sad world in which honesty is a disadvantage but, hey ho, if our political leaders are supposed to be an fine example, bunch of bandits that they are, then what do you expect ? Give us a leader in whom we can believe and we shall follow to the gates of hell and back; God bless Margaret Thatcher !

Fraud
Posted By: sylvia on 25-Jun-2009
WHAT A DISGUSTING MAN! HE SHOULD HAVE TO WORK IN A WARD LOOKING AFTER THE SOLDIERS WHO COME HOME FROM THE WAR. ALL THE DIRTY WORK AND NO PAY. PERHAPS HE COULD GO TO AN ARMY PRISON AND LET A FEW OF THE HARD MEN SORT HIM OUT. WE HAD FAMILY KILLED IN BOTH WARS.

What a cheek
Posted By: Mike Golden on 25-Jun-2009
He shud be ashmaned of himself. Us Paras have to go through proper hard courses to were our wings. I had to do my last jump without a chute on P Coy and I didn't even cry. I hope he realises how tough it is being in the proper Paras - I was lucky I got 3 Para Mortars so I have very close friends now. He is a disgrace. And not worth the wrapper of a biscuit brown.

Benefit fraudster criticised over war hero claims
Posted By: Edward Steen on 25-Jun-2009
What a remarkable piece of work at a time when newspapers have almost no spare capacity for the kind of thoroughness shown by your excellent crime reporter! And well done the CEN for giving prominence to this exposurs of a seedy Walter Mitty character who insults the memory of soldiers who really did - and still do - risk their lives for the rest of us. The story reminds me of the toe-curling invented interviews with Falklands widows in the Sun not long after they had been bereaved. There must be some suitable punishment for the likes of Mr Livesey . Maybe a spell, say 15 years, back at the Catering Corps peeling potatoes.?

Disgraceful
Posted By: Emma B on 25-Jun-2009
I cant believe the nerve of this man. How can he stand there and take credit for the bravery of the armed forces. How has he managed to get away with this for so long? Do we not actually vet people for benefits?The courts need to make an example of this disgusting man. There is no shame in working in catering an army cant run on an empty stomach, but to lie and publish these lies on a public forum is unacceptable. Perhaps Steven Speilberg and Duxford should sue this man for associating their names with such disrespectful behaviour.

Liar
Posted By: Scoundrel on 25-Jun-2009
What an incredible story! Well done to the news for exposing this man. My father fought in world war 2 and never talked about it whereas this man made a career out of it but only ever bashed a few spuds. Lets hope the authorities get their act together and pay him a visit. It will thenbe d-day for him. And I hope Stephen speilberg launches his own offensive. You can't take credit for a work of art which saving private Ryan is. Again, well done to Cambridge news!

JACK LIVESEY
Posted By: PE GASUS on 25-Jun-2009
despicable behaviour by a confirmed 'WALT' !

Published: 25/06/2009

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Re: Jack livesley WALTER MITTY ------ He's At It Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »
Courtesy of The Daily Mail 3rd August 2011

To friends and colleagues, John ‘Jack’ Livesey was a military man who had served his country with distinction in the Paras and had been awarded a medal for gallantry.
So when he was charged with fraudulently claiming nearly £30,000 in benefits, two senior military veterans stepped up to submit glowing character references to the court.
The testimonials helped Livesey escape a jail term - but afterwards doubts were raised about the 57-year-old’s claims to have served with the Parachute Regiment, seen action in the Falklands War and undertaken six tours of Northern Ireland.

He was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice when a police investigation revealed his Army career amounted to a short stint in the Catering Corps.

Livesey, of Purley-on-Thames, near Reading in Berkshire, has admitted inventing a ‘fantasy’ world, but denies the charge on the grounds that he doesn’t remember the references being used as mitigation.

During a trial in Peterborough Crown Court, a jury has heard how he was charged with fraudulently receiving incapacity benefit in 2004 while working at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, Cambridgeshire.

He later received a 12-month jail term, suspended for a year, after Judge Jonathan Haworth said he had taken his ‘good character’ into account while sentencing him.

One of the glowing references submitted to Cambridge Crown Court was from Air Commodore Peter Thorne, 88, who flew Vulcan bombers and Spitfires during the Second World War and met the defendant when they worked together at the Imperial War Museum.
 Phoney war hero: Livesey, pictured with his medals, said his lies 'eventually took over my life'
He wrote: ‘Prior to Duxford, his success in the British Army was marked by the award of the Military Medal for bravery in action with the Parachute Regiment in the Falklands War.

‘Later in his Army career he suffered a crippling accident and became non-operational, but due to hospitalisation and convalescence he studied successfully for a degree in modern history.’
The latest court hearing, which began yesterday, heard from Major Gordon Corrigan, who served in the Royal Gurkha Rifles and was made an MBE in 1995 and also provided a reference seven years ago.

Major Corrigan, who retired from the Army in 1998 to become a military history writer, said: ‘I was embarrassed. I felt a fool. I was annoyed that I had misled the court, although it was not deliberate.

‘I actually felt sorry for him. It was a mixture of emotions.’

Cambridgeshire Constabulary established Livesey served as a chef with the Army Catering Corps from 1971 to 1974 after concerns were raised about his claims.

During a police interview, he admitted creating his military ‘fantasy’ after he was discharged following a mental breakdown.

The 57-year-old falsely claimed to have served with the Parachute Regiment (pictured) and fought in the Falklands War
He told officers: ‘My fantasy got bigger and bigger and eventually took over my life and I made a first class a*** of myself.

‘The fantasy was that I was in the Para Regiment. I built this fictional guy up which was better than admitting the failure that was my military career.

‘The fantasy world I created is not new – it started about 30-odd years ago when I left the Army and went into the psychiatric hospital RVH Netley [Royal Victoria Military Hospital near Southampton].

'It wasn’t the best way to end your military career. It was going to be my dream – the Army was a wonderful life and I screwed it up and created this fantasy.

‘If I hadn’t told those lies way back when, the story wouldn’t have got out of hand, but when I see these guys you don’t know how to stop the merry-go-round.’

Asked about the character references, he said he couldn’t remember them.

‘It’s a huge black hole. I don’t know if I saw them, I don’t know if I read them,’ he added.

Roger Harrison, defending, told the court there was ‘no dispute’ about the fact his client had never been in the Paras or received a military medal.

The case continues.
 >:(

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021592/Benefits-cheat-John-Livesey-escaped-jail-thanks-fantasy-Falklands-heroics.html#ixzz1UXmn5KtB
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:05:04 PM by Ian E Scott »

Army Catering Corps

Re: Jack livesley WALTER MITTY ------ He's At It Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »