to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Rioting In England.  (Read 4729 times)

rubberguts

Rioting In England.
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »
Having watched as the riots progressed in London and spread to other centres. Then later listen to the British Prime Minister wave a big stick as the solution.
 I was given to wonder if it is the answer.
My solution would be to usher in a modified version of the two year term of compulsory National Service whereby conscripted youth would undergo full military basic training and in all respects be under military command for the tour of duty but with an important twist. Once basic training has been completed the conscript would be posted abroad to assist in a programme to bring arid land under fertile production and to educate the native population how to work the land to sustainable advantage.
This would result in a win win situation with good public relations being created in the areas helped. Require a fully staffed back up of services.  Keep the bored youth of England off the streets and hopefully straighten them out to become worthwhile citizens, instead of worthless citizens. 
After all. If national service could straighten me out it could work on anyone

Army Catering Corps

Rioting In England.
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »

Offline denis huxley

• phpBB L/Cpl.
Re: Rioting In England.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »
Brilliant!!
Write to Downing Street ASAP please.
Perhaps the youth thus employed would understand that stealing a flat screen TV , or so called video game (rather ,how to kill someone without seeing the blood),is never as important as having water,and food for at least one meal a week.

rubberguts

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
 Be Happy to but that would lay me open to a charge of "Meddling In British Internal Affairs"
Last thing I need is New Zealand Law Enforcement Officers breaking the door down in the small hours. It's bloody freezing here.

Offline fatcivvie

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 02:30:36 AM »
what agreat idea but i see one problem" HUMAN RIGHTS "until we get rid of this millstone from around our necks and the parasite lawers that go with it , there is not much we can do.

rubberguts

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 03:37:41 AM »
 Ah, Yes. Well it would appear Human Rights  do not seem to have a problem with Team America going around blasting the Sh*t out of anything that moves, put them to the test by encouraging a regimented force engaged in helping people in other ways. An army of the land to go into the poorly farmed areas and bring these areas into fertile production, The difference would be the kids would be armed with shovels and picks instead of guns.
Our well beloved DI's, never at a loss for an answer, would soon come up with a new arms drill. Just imagine the hallowed parade grounds of Aldershot echoing to the sounds of "Sloooope Picks" " Preeeesent picks," "Ooorder picks."
 ;D ;)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:57:49 AM by rubberguts »

nocker

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 12:38:18 PM »
We here in Australia heard about it too. National Service is a good solution to all youth problems. Get some discipline back in line...To many do gooders are telling us what we shouldn't be doing. The youth of today were never like this in my younger days.

rubberguts

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:36:30 PM »
 Very true. It should be tacked on to schooling as compulsory further education.  A prerequisite of belonging to society.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:29:36 AM by rubberguts »

nocker

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »
Just right off the beaten track here i served for a short while at St Omer. I figured there was more money in mining in Australia, so i paid to get out. What i would like to know is. Would anyone know how i could obtain my old service number? I joined up in 1976 and was with 2 Coy 18 Sq under the direction of a Legend named Sgt Reg Hill.

Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Offline denis huxley

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 02:41:49 PM »
Try contacting Tony Monk at the ACC association . I think he could tell from his service records.

nocker

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »
Cheers Dennis

Your reply was greatly appreciated

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »