to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Welcome all  (Read 20525 times)

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
Welcome all
« on: November 10, 2005, 03:22:18 AM »
Well its taken me a while but I finally got the site off the ground I hope you like it  :lol: I would appreciate any feedback and sugestions, to improve the site, enjoy   ;D :o 8)

Brian Hogg

PS A bit about me I served in the Corps for 12 years from 1970, I was a boy soldier (Dunkirk Platoon With Taff Jones as platoon Sgt.). I served in Cove Padderborne and Hannover. Drop me a line if you recognise me.

Brian
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:02:35 AM by magpie24 »

Army Catering Corps

Welcome all
« on: November 10, 2005, 03:22:18 AM »

DaveElson

Welcome all
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 09:00:05 AM »
Dave Elson
Served from '68 to '75. ST & U squads Sept '68, moved to St Omer when completed early next year?
Had a few responses from Ian's site, just keeping my name out there.

paulatpub

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 08:11:52 AM »
Hi

I joined as a boy soldier in 66 and served till 75 would be nice to meet old friends.

keep up the good work on the site

Chris Hand

Welcome all
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 11:41:47 AM »
Hi Brian, great idea to set this up. I have been a frequent visitor to Ian Reads' site for many years now and have been on the look out for any old friends I served with. I think one thing we need, if you have the expertise, is to set up some sort of easy accessible database to contact lost friends. Ian has done a great job with his site, but it would take hours to read all the messages on the notice board. It needs some system where there was either an alphabetical list of names or a list of service dates or intakes.

I joined in 1975 through Apprentice College, 1977 – 1980 Sandhurst, 1980 – 1985 7 Armd Wksp REME Fallingbostel, 1985 – 1988 42 Survey Engr Regiment Hermitage, 1988 – 1989 1 Irish Rangers Lemgo, 1989 – 1990  4 Armd Wksp REME Detmold. Left in 1990.

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
Welcome all
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 02:07:12 PM »
Hi Chris,
thanks for joining one of the things I plan on doing is keeping the sort of details you mentioned and I will probably use a database, its a matter of time to do it at the moment. I am still tying to scrape content together if any one has any ideas. Also you may be able to access the members list once you have logged in its at the top of the page. If you dont see it let me know and I will seee if I can enable it.   :lol:  :roll:

Brian

Peter Mc Alindon

Pete Mac
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 03:39:17 AM »
Joined Corps in 1976 left just before re-cap badging to RLC. Now working and living in Grantham Lincs. Great to see another ACC site its great. Best wishes to all ex Corps guys out there. :P

scouser

Re: Welcome all
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:01:30 AM »
8)

Hi all,
       I was drafted in 1957-1959 to the ACC, stationed in Aldershot after finishing my square bashing I was posted to Longcross Halt, finishing up in Preston (Fulward Barracks).
Can't remember to many names. My drill sgt name was Sgt Webster.

I am now living in B.C. Canada and have been since July 1965.

If anyone can remember me feel free to contact me anytime.

Dave AKA scouser.

Offline keithbennett

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »
just to clarify,its called fulwood barracks in preston.

len cherrett

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 07:03:35 AM »
HI THINK I REMEMBER YOU I JOINED UP JAN 1969 PASSED OUT AUGUST 1971 MY NAME IS APPRENTICE LEN [TAFF] CHERRETT I WAS IN A COMPANY PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR THE REGIMENTAL A TEAM FOR 2AND A HALF YEARS AFTER I PASSED OUT C COMPANY PRETTYSURE YOUR B COMPANY PASSED OUT WITH MY LOT GREAT SITE FOUND MY BEST MATE LAST WEEK AND BY CHANCE HE  WAS WORKING IN WALES THIS WEEK WE HAVEN'T MET FOR 38 YEARS AND WE MET UP LAST NIGHT IT WAS VERY EMOTIONAL WE JUSTED TALKED AND LAUGHED ALL NIGHT CHEERS MATE IT WAS ALL DOWN TO YOU WE ARE GOING TO MEET UP TWICE A YEAR HE LIVES IN COLCHESTER ONCE AGAIN CHEERS BRIAN MY REGARDS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK    LEN

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »
HI THINK I REMEMBER YOU I JOINED UP JAN 1969 PASSED OUT AUGUST 1971 MY NAME IS APPRENTICE LEN [TAFF] CHERRETT I WAS IN A COMPANY PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR THE REGIMENTAL A TEAM FOR 2AND A HALF YEARS AFTER I PASSED OUT C COMPANY PRETTYSURE YOUR B COMPANY PASSED OUT WITH MY LOT GREAT SITE FOUND MY BEST MATE LAST WEEK AND BY CHANCE HE  WAS WORKING IN WALES THIS WEEK WE HAVEN'T MET FOR 38 YEARS AND WE MET UP LAST NIGHT IT WAS VERY EMOTIONAL WE JUSTED TALKED AND LAUGHED ALL NIGHT CHEERS MATE IT WAS ALL DOWN TO YOU WE ARE GOING TO MEET UP TWICE A YEAR HE LIVES IN COLCHESTER ONCE AGAIN CHEERS BRIAN MY REGARDS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK    LEN

Hello Len
              Glad you found the site useful that's what its here for.

bob fuller

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
Hi Everyone, My name is Bob Fuller, joined up at Tournai Barracks April 1967 24/25 squads.Names I remember, Tug Wilson drill instructor, Paddy O'Neil drill instructor,know faces but not very good with some names,if anyone remembers me I would love to hear from them.

Jack Duncan

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
 Hi I'm Jack Duncan known as Pompey when I fist joined the corps.  I joined the Corps in late 64, 19/20 Sqd at Tournai Bks. Having completed Trg I was posted to Plymouth 29 Cdo Regt in an attempt to pass the Cdo couse not one of my lifes successes. I then moved to RAPC Worty Down. In 66 I was sent on a 2 1/2 year summer holiday to Singapore with 443 BAD RAOC. This was followed by a tour in BAOR with 101 (Army) Provost Coy RMP. In 74 I then returned to the Depot as a DWTI at the AAC About a year later I moved on the the Provost Staff with the one and only Taff M. I left the Army in 76 to move to Austaralia where I joined the Queensland Prison Service. At the same time I enlisted in the Australian Army Reserve. Not Catering but as an MP with the RACMP reaching the rank of Sgt. In 80 I returned to the UK and joined the TA  again as an MP in the RMP. I finaly left the green machine in 2007 as a WO2 RMP. If any of you remember me it would be nice to hear from you,   regards Jack (Pompey) Duncan

terryc

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 07:27:09 AM »
42 Sqd B Coy 1971 - 1973
Terry Checketts is me, just found this site and joined.

first posting was to 2nd Btln Royal Irish Rangers, in Warminster, then seconded to Netheravon to School of Infantry, where it ran Mon to Fri.

At week-ends we`d only have about 20-30 staying in camp, unless any "Guests" stayed over night from local villages.... cough cough!  Regt then posted to Germany in Iserlohn in `74

Re-posted to 24 R.E. Kitchener Barracks, Chatham. couldn't get out of there unless i Re-signed for another 3, so bought myself out in `79
Tried hotel work, didnt like the hours, so went into........ Nursing      ;D

Now living in Cardiff for last 2 years.

Give me a shout if anyone from  those training days remember me..

p.s  Have found Myer "Budgie" Attrill on Face book

cheers Terry Checketts

Pompey

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 04:55:51 AM »
Hi  My Name is Tom Burns, joined JTR ACC on 12th Jan 1965 ( Dunkirk plt ) and was posted to 16th/5th QRL inn the summer of 1966.
Some Guys I remember from boy service are, Sam Davies from Durham, Martin Cliffe from Manchester, Pedro Barnes, & other names will come back to me when I dig out the plt photo.

I had 18 months in Tidworth and went with them to Fallingbostle in Jan 1969 and was with them until May 1970 when I decided to leave the forces.
Guys I am still in touch with from those days are Tim Smith ( Colonel Brookes Chef ) & Richard Parker.

I currently live near Grimsby but originally from Portsmouth ( Hence Pompey )
I have often wondered how some of my old JTR mates got on in life and would be interested to hear from anyone who knew me.

Offline Taff Morgan

• phpBB Pte.
Re: 42nd Intake 1971/73
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 03:42:59 AM »
Hi Terry
          Keith Morgan here found your name on the web so I thought I would drop you a line.

My first posting after training was 1 Queens Own Highlanders  in Osnabruck,then38 Engineers in Ripon followed by 3 L.I. in Cyprus before getting out from Tidworth.
I saw you are in contact with Budgie Attrill could you please pass on my email so as I can contact him too
 I am also living in Wales not too far from you in Cardiff only 50 miles away in fact in a place called Blaengarw  10 miles outside Bridgend . well got to go hope to hear from you soon .

Keith (Taff) Morgan

Army Catering Corps

Re: 42nd Intake 1971/73
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 03:42:59 AM »