to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Junior intake of september 1968 STU suads  (Read 5028 times)

ktarcus

Junior intake of september 1968 STU suads
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:22:02 PM »
;D looking for anyone who joined with me in september 1968 as juniors STU squads names to look out for stevie tillotson / ray mountain / rodger dennis. I am Kevin leonard best remembered as lead singer with the group at that time.
Please leave contact number on 07883023414 if you wish or post details here please.

Army Catering Corps

Junior intake of september 1968 STU suads
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:22:02 PM »

DaveElson

Re: Junior intake of september 1968 STU suads
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »
Hi Kevin
Buggy Elson here.
Well, we joined 40 years ago this month, and I still remember the days in Clayton Barracks and the move to St Omer very well.
Had correspondence with Steve some time ago, he wasn't too well at the time. Also should have Ollie Burton's email addy somewhere. Will try to dig out some more addy's too.
Can still remember Steve T laughing about the time you were in Aldershot and someone asked you the time.. ....you had your ALARM CLOCK (apparently) in your pocket and brought it out ...
Well, that's what I remember we were told anyway....
I now live in the States (Seattle).
I bumped into Ollie after training and he told me Roy Holland had been dismissed not long after training.
Anyway..I'll check this again within a day or two.
My email addy is DaveElson "at" Yahoo.com

mjr693

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:42 PM »
Hi Kev,
Mike Rollason here from the same time as you.
I can remember all the names you stated and a few more!!, not bad for an old git.
I have spoken to Buggy some time ago.
I was amazed to see the tower block being pulled down, I can remeber it being opened as I am sure you can.
Can you remember when the senior squad managed to get the RSM's car on to the roof of the tower block or did I dream it?
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cheers
Mike
mike.rollason@ntlworld.com

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:42 PM »