to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Chefs of Chepstow Army App College.  (Read 16546 times)

TAFFY7189

Chefs of Chepstow Army App College.
« on: November 29, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »
Hi, I am looking for any chefs that were at Chepstow A.A.C in 1974-1977. I remember Sgt "nobby"  Clark, Sgt Ron Gillet, S/Sgt Holmes, Cpl Roy Groves, Cpl Mick Neary and any body else who I do not remember.
                                  Thanks
                                    Taffy Jones 7189 ex ACC

Army Catering Corps

Chefs of Chepstow Army App College.
« on: November 29, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »

Janner

Re: Chefs of Chepstow Army App College.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 07:14:40 AM »
Taff,  not sure if a Civvy chef Anne Bryant was working there then she was in 1986.  Sad news is that she died May 2009   

Andy Guthrie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »
Hi ya Taffy, Andy guthrie here, I was at Chepstow A A C from about 1972 to 1975 as a l/cpl. I do not remember your name but i do remember Nobby Clarke, s/sgt Holmes, Roy Groves plus George Copeman, a young lad with a surname of Shearn, a civvy butcher named Fred , a civvy pan washer Trevor Jones a lad with a surname of Mordecai. I used to live in the old quarters by the Square by the medical centre and George Copeman used to live next door but one. If you you remember them they were by the guard room.
It,s a small world innit !! ;D

TAFFY7189

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 07:24:40 AM »
 8) Hi Andy,
          How are you keeping. I am living in Ireland and am married to a nice Latvian lady. Where are you living. I remember all them people. I used to have a little red mini and a yellow Lambretta scooter.
          Taffy7189.

Andy Guthrie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 11:30:08 PM »
Hi ya Taffy,
must be an age thing but i still can,t recall your name, but you must have been there the same time. Any way i live in Wolverhampton and am working as a truck driver for a local construction supplies company, i am occasionally in touch with George Copeman if you remember him, he and his wife are both ok although they are now getting on a bit now. Hmmmm i will have to do a bit of head scratching and see if i can recall you, but in the mean time thanks for replying and take care of your self mate,

Andy

TAFFY7189

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 06:22:50 AM »
Hi Andy,
        I remember George Copeman. I also remember you. I used to be on SGT Nobby Clarkes shift. I also used to do the chips. I was also the one who used to have a big stereo radio. I came to Chepstow in Aug-Sept 1974. I used to go to the old ferry hotel a lot.  Eric.

TAFFY7189

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 07:20:49 AM »
Hi Andy,
        When did you leave there? When I was there I used to go on training camps with "nobby clark" to Sennybridge camp. I also went to Belize when I was there. After I was posted to the 16/5th Lancers in BFPO 33, in Germany. ERIC.

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
Does anyone know of Paul Gardner who went to Chepstow around 83 - 84 from 3rd Light Infantry?

Andy Guthrie

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 04:40:42 AM »
Hi Andy,
        When did you leave there? When I was there I used to go on training camps with "nobby clark" to Sennybridge camp. I also went to Belize when I was there. After I was posted to the 16/5th Lancers in BFPO 33, in Germany. ERIC.
Hi ya again Eric,
you still got me thinking, i left in 1974/5, but i remember nobby clarke who thought he was Stirling Moss racing everywhere around the camp in his V W 411E. Good man to get on with though.Next time i contact George  Copeman i will ask him if he remembers you. When I left Chepstow i went to Devizes for about 2 years when i left the army for civvy street. Do you remember sgt pricket i think his name was Cliff. Also a lad named Bernie Ince.
Catch up with ya soon mate, take care now, Andy

TAFFY7189

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 04:46:27 AM »
Hi Andy,
       How are you. Do you remember Sgt George Zallic. I think that is how it was spelt. There was one lad who lived in the accomodation block opposite the cookhouse who had a Suzuki bike. I remember him. I bought my Lambretta from a jock chef who lived in one of the houses where you lived. Nobby's VW was a very nice car he looked after it very well. Talk to you again soon. ERIC.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:52:42 AM by TAFFY7189 »

Andy Guthrie

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 04:06:15 AM »
Hi ya Eric,
I do remember George Zallic well now you have mentioned him, Also a lad who was known as Geordie Race springs to mind as well. The lad with the surname of Shearn i think his first name was Bob. Remember Geordie Tate who was i think was a wo 2 over the permanant staff there ? Can,t recall a jock chef living near to our house though to be honest. Unless he came after i left. Trying to remember the name of the captain in charge of the kitchen whose office was by the entrance door of the kitchen but it may come to me sometime. When i first started there it was a captain Atkinson but he left when i was about halfway through my time there.
catch ya soon mate, bye now, Andy

TAFFY7189

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 06:52:54 AM »
Hi Andy,
         That lad was called Bob. I can not think of the ACC officer. He was a nice guy though. We should have a meet of all the ACC chefs of Chepstow. I had a great time there. Talk soon. ERIC.

allgramps

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »
Hi I was at Chepstow 1969 to 1975 Allan Pinder seem to remember most of the names your on about was the scot Tom Russel-Cox by anychance and taffy where you from Newport hope to hear from you
Allan

Andy Guthrie

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 02:58:13 AM »
Hi there, Alan pinder rings a bell, also a scot by the name of jock moffat also comes to mind as well. hope all is well with you matey.  Andy

Janner

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
Does anyone know of Paul Gardner who went to Chepstow around 83 - 84 from 3rd Light Infantry?
I think he was a LCpl at the time.
The chefs from 84/85 era are having another reunion this weekend.  Ricky Boys, Paul Chalk, Chas  Ashby, etc.  Racecourse for the afternoon and then the club at Bulwark in the evening for a few quiet drinks.

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »