to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Trg Bn and Depot , 3 Squad Summer 1976 (Eddie Middle and Reg Hill)  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Harry_Skinters

• phpBB Pte.
Harry here; nearly 40 years since I arrived at St Omer and went in Reception near the bedding store near the NAAFI. Still remember the first night. Eddie Middle was our L/Cpl, made up to full screw during that year. May have been 2 Company, don't remember. Lt Hill was the Pltn Commander and a good egg  All in all good memories and a good bunch of lads. Reuben Smith was in the squad, and Barrington 'Barry' Walker who went on to boxing. Nice guys both. 'Egg on legs' Reggie Hill as Pltn Sgt. Cpl Mick Turner was on our floor in a bunk. Eddie Middle was RQMS Depot, working near the Guardroom last time I saw him. That also reminds me of the Guardroom Bin!!

Anyway, a little list of old faces: Anyone old Chefs from QRIH 1977-1980? Simon Simpson?  Duncan Forbes from L/Derry 176 Provo Coy in 1981-82, and Chris, who were in the kitchen. Joe Kyle. Rob Hendy from Thiepval in 1980. I saw that L/Cpl Charley Streather from Leicester is now a big wheel in BLESMA,  Blesma Support Officer for the Midlands. Well done Charlie you didn't let it hold you back. I wonder how Darryl is these days (Red Lion Rothley).  Duncan Forbes was a best mate so if you're watching, get in touch. Also the infamous Luigi , you old dog. Prod Sups back in 1990. Heard you did well and went out to Spain.

Best wishes from Harry.
jpharrison24@gmail.com

Army Catering Corps

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Re: Trg Bn and Depot , 3 Squad Summer 1976 (Eddie Middle and Reg Hill)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:18:48 PM »
Byron Askham alias Luigi is indeed in Spain and hasn't been to well lately Harry.  I'm sure he'd like to hear from you.

byron.askham@gmail.com

Army Catering Corps

Re: Trg Bn and Depot , 3 Squad Summer 1976 (Eddie Middle and Reg Hill)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:18:48 PM »