to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: anybody out there who still remembers the 70s at St Omer  (Read 34319 times)

dave (taff) phillips

anybody out there who still remembers the 70s at St Omer
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:45:34 AM »
were you at st omer when it was full of recruits?

Army Catering Corps

« on: February 05, 2006, 12:45:34 AM »

Inverarity

Re: anybody out there who still remembers the 70s at St Omer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:23:11 PM »
Quote from: "dave (taff) phillips"
were you at st omer when it was full of recruits?

If only the EHO could have seen the Stock and Gravy Boiler then
super stuff

Anonymous

ST Omer in the 70's
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 04:21:11 AM »
Hi, I remember St Omer, I joined in 74, bunked in the first block next to the naafi ground floor. Also then in 76-78 as perm staff (PTi)
Left final posting in Brecon 84. I have been back a couple of times since to see the old place, not sure about the change of name, to me it will always be ACC.
What I am looking for is details of any reunions and also a copy of the manual (blue loose leaf) both types are very scarce?
Regards to any and everyone.
Mike Tebbitt

Paul Sieloff

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 04:58:31 AM »
Annual all ranks weekend at Warners on Hayling Isle details from the offal site http://accassociation.org/index.htm they where at one time selling MACS loose leaf with RLC cover, also EBAY regularly have old red ones on offer I got 1945 1954 and 1965 copies

paulatpub

MACS 1965
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 07:55:52 AM »
I have a well eared copy of MACS 1965

harrisplymouth

Course I remember the 70's
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 09:44:43 PM »
Hi all, joined 1976 under Eddie Middle on recruits side.
Very busy barracks in those days, all blocks were full and the Apprentice College was full, too.

Remember K1 and K2, as the food was hot, plentiful and filling.

Personalities I remember are Sgt Reg Hill, Eddie Middle, Brian the Barber (who doesn't remember Brian) and need people to jog my memory please.

Times have changed, would like to chat with anyone from those days.

No spamming please, send mail to me at harrisplymouth@hotmail.co.uk

rendu

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 08:47:43 PM »
Hi I was there in 76 in the block at the bottem next to the sgt mess, my Lt was a guy called Otterbarn Busty Miller was SgtMaj o'REILLY was CO

ALI

Re: 1976
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:02:52 AM »
Quote from: "rendu"
Hi I was there in 76 in the block at the bottem next to the sgt mess, my Lt was a guy called Otterbarn Busty Miller was SgtMaj o'REILLY
 was CO
:roll:  :roll:

do you remember the fish tank on the bottom floor

Anonymous

Yes I Remember it Well....
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 09:36:39 PM »
Hallo mate. Thanks for your reply.  I remember everyone you mention, and I was next door to you, at the same time!

At that time, we were practicing for a drill demonstration. Dusty Miller ripped us to bits. Take care mate and good luck in future.

Paul

Anonymous

st.omer
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 05:29:44 AM »
i was one of the very first to move into st.omer when i was working at group catering when it was behind hammersley barracks (when mick marshall was a cpl) thats those who knew him . we lived above the whites store, all the mess chefs group catering , and any other drunkard who did not seem to have a bed.i have not been back for years but i hear its still falling apart.
paul haste

chefterry

remembering the 70s
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 06:53:36 AM »
hi all,
        i was at st omer when it was the old annex ,a few weeks before we all moved in to the new tower block,we was one of the first juniors to use the tower block,i was in montgomery platoon ,then in dunkirk platoon,we had sgt jones and cpl barker does anyone remember those two?my name is terry hendleyi was at st omer from may 1970 to december 1971,if anyone remembers please get in touch

all the best  terry

SLOPJOCKEY

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 10:54:24 PM »
I still have my copy of MAC although dogeared...they have them on ebay now and again

bigtez

St Omer in 1977
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 11:32:17 PM »
Hi All
I join in sept 77 in the college intake 4/77 Dunkirk platoon
Chris Mahony (the jolly green giant) was the platoon Sgt and Corporal Hankins was our Platoon corporal.
Others i can remember were
Steve Pickup
Neil Martin, Sgt Edge, pti was ssgt Berniston nasty man unless you played basketball
Barry Ash was our CSM
My platoon commander was Lt P V Budd
it was fun in training and would be nice to hear from some of the old lads again.

tommo78

Re: anybody out there who still remembers the 70s at St Omer
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 08:16:55 PM »
Hi There
Yes I remember the late 70's at St Omer  was in 3/78 if I remember rightly the largest Army intake at the time have some great memories of my 2 years there. Was in Owens plt with Barney Green as Plt Sgt and Dusty Miller was CSM. Can't for the life of me remember who our Plt Captain was but a nice bloke. Remember Tick Tocks and Reggy Degs! Would be interested if anyone at all has intake photos / Platoon photos of around that time as all my photo's were lost in a fire as were most of the memorabilia from that time. I was one of the youngest recruits in 3/78 think there was only one other who was younger than me at the time. E-mail address is bthompson62@hotmail.co.uk. Best wishes and kind regards to all ex and serving ACC/ RLC out there
Ben (Fred) Thompson 24495248

hugh869

Re: St Omer in 1977
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
Hi All
I join in sept 77 in the college intake 4/77 Dunkirk platoon
Chris Mahony (the jolly green giant) was the platoon Sgt and Corporal Hankins was our Platoon corporal.
Others i can remember were
Steve Pickup
Neil Martin, Sgt Edge, pti was ssgt Berniston nasty man unless you played basketball
Barry Ash was our CSM
My platoon commander was Lt P V Budd
it was fun in training and would be nice to hear from some of the old lads again.
i was in 4/77 as well but started in burma , went to dunkirk when they got shot of burma , hope your well, good to see a familiar name .

hugh mclachlan

Army Catering Corps

Re: St Omer in 1977
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »