to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Sergeant Reg Hill- The Legend  (Read 7599 times)

Sergeant Reg Hill- The Legend
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:25:21 PM »
Reg Hill (affectionately or cruelly, remembered by many, as "Egg on Legs") was a brilliant trainer and soldier. He was the archetypal Sergeant, the man who screamed in your ear at point blank range, and took no sh*t from no man. An ex Airborne (and proud of it) man, he taught me to soldier during the mid 1970s. And taught me well.

He was a fair, strict, decent man, who must surely be remembered throughout the old Corps, and by anyone priviliged to have known him.

I heard he became a Probation Officer, good luck to the bloke.

Army Catering Corps

« on: April 18, 2006, 05:25:21 PM »

Blu

Reg Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 12:13:33 PM »
Reg Hill was my platoon Corporal, I was 11 Squad C Coy Sep73 to April 74. Reg was a decent bloke but like you say he wasn't one to mess around. Often wondered what became of Reg, well all the best to the guy where ever he is.[/b]

Blu

Reg Hill
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »
Ooops sorry not C coy, I was 11 sqaud 2 Coy[/b]

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:18:58 PM »
Thanx for reply. I was in Reg Hill's company, 3 Squad, June 1976 under Eddie Middle, whom I also respected. Is it right that Eddie Middle is now a taxi driver? Good luck to him and I hope he is a well man.

nocker

Re: Sergeant Reg Hill- The Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »
Sgt Reg Hill ? not sure if that was his first name as i was not entitled to that information. I was at Aldershot A Company 18 Squad, 1975, so i'm assuming it was him. If so i would say " A soldiers soldier and a proud outstanding man who knew his stuff. I had the honour of being yelled at by him on the parade ground. He is a man that had a huge impact on my life and will remain in my memories for a very long time. Yes you are right Re: Sgt Reg Hill- The Legend.

Offline Recce_Mitch

• phpBB Pte.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:37:46 AM »
Sgt Hill - egg on legs. He was a tough man who could run rings around us. I remember him chasing me on some of our runs. And what a voice he had. Yes he is a Legend.

william

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »
i was in dcoy 73 dusty miller was my sgt had great pressure to meet him when he came to germany has a officer i would say he was on the same level has sgt reg hill

Jack Duncan

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »
Hi to you all, I remember Reg and yes he did become a probation Officer with Hampshire Probation Service and I beleive he was based at an office in the north of the county. At the time I was also with the Probation service in the Portsmouth Area and spoke to Reg on a few occassions. I fist met Reg when I was on Regimental duties at St Omer in 74. at the time I was Plt Cpl at the AAC I then moved on to the Provost staff with Taff M. I joined the Corps in late 64, 19/20 Sqd at Tournai Bks. Having completed Trg I was posted to Plymouth 29 Cdo Regt in an attempt to pass the Cdo couse not one of my lifes successes. I then moved to RAPC Worty Down. In 66 I was sent on a 2 1/2 year summer holiday to Singapore with 443 BAD RAOC. This was followed by a tour in BAOR with 101 (Army) Provost Coy RMP. in 74 I then returned to the Depot were I met Reg. I left the Army in 76 to move to Austaralia Where I joined the Queensland Prison Service. At the same timeI enlisted in the Australian Army Reserve. Not Catering but as an MP with the RACMP reaching the rank of Sgt. In 80 I returned to the UK and joined the TA  again as an MP in the RMP. I finaly left the green machine in 2007 as a WO2 RMP. If any of you remember me it would be nice to hear from you regards Jack (Pompey) Duncan

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »