to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: MACS  (Read 9997 times)

Anonymous

MACS
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:22:40 AM »
Does anyone know if the blue, looseleaf MACS is still available to buy, maybe from the Association?

Army Catering Corps

MACS
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:22:40 AM »

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
Re: MACS
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »
Does anyone know if the blue, looseleaf MACS is still available to buy, maybe from the Association?

I get quite a few emails on this subject, as far as I know it is not available, you can find them on eBay sometimes, but not very often you have to keep looking. On a separate note does anyone have scanned copies of the Blue and Red MACs? and if so would you be willing to send them to the site? also does anyone know who to contact (RE copyright) about having these for download on the site?. I was thinking of keeping them in a separate passworded area for active members only.

Please email me if you can help out with this or you have scanned copies or would be willing to scan your copies.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:20:00 PM by magpie24 »

Paul Raven

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:08:08 AM »
Magpie,

Not to sure of the copyright thing but I have the New MACS, JSP 404 electronically. If you can let me know if you can have it on site controlled by password then I willsend it on.

Regards

Paul ;)

Offline ToneTheOldGit

• phpBB Pte.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 06:48:11 AM »
I feel sure that a CD version of MACS (JSP404) would be a very popular idea, copyright permitting. I would certainly relish the chance to get hold of a copy. Maybe the association could add it to the list of items they have for sale. It's definitely the best basic cookbook I have ever used (other than the old red MACS of course)

Duncan Peddie

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:10:37 PM »
I have sent a copy of the MACS file to Magpie for inclusion on the site also the address on the web where I downloaded it from if all is OK I am sure that he will be able to post it if not e-mail me and I will send you a copy. I also saw a red MACS for sale on ebay it still has 2 days to go but the price is £32-60p at the moment (Wednesday 4th July) if anyone is interested in bidding for it.

Take care all.

Duncan

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 03:34:45 PM »
I have sent a copy of the MACS file to Magpie for inclusion on the site also the address on the web where I downloaded it from if all is OK I am sure that he will be able to post it if not e-mail me and I will send you a copy. I also saw a red MACS for sale on ebay it still has 2 days to go but the price is £32-60p at the moment (Wednesday 4th July) if anyone is interested in bidding for it.

Take care all.

Duncan

I am working on a new site design so when it is ready I will post a link to the file, however as the MACs is covered by the crown copyright I'm not sure if it's legal to reproduce it, and offer it for download so before I post the link I need to know what the legal situation is.

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 04:14:08 PM »

:( It's not available from the Association...have you tried a Google Search?

Dickie G

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
There is a pdf version floating about,if i can find it i will post later

Offline Fireman

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 04:16:02 AM »
Hi, I have a pdf copy of MACS including the Ghurka section. Contact me by PM with email address to send to. Alan

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 04:16:02 AM »