to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: "Registered Users"  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
"Registered Users"
« on: November 16, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »
:? Brian, How about a clear out of the "Registered Users" who provide no information?

What's the point of being "Registered" if you wish to bloody well remain anonymous?

Didn't realise we had that many ex SAS & MI5 past members!

Army Catering Corps

"Registered Users"
« on: November 16, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »

Paul Raven

"Registered Users"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:41 AM »
Ian,

I totally agree. What is the use of them joining this great site if we have no idea who they are and know anything about them.

Brian,

Get them off the site!!

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
Re: "Registered Users"
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 09:10:38 PM »
:? Brian, How about a clear out of the "Registered Users" who provide no information?

What's the point of being "Registered" if you wish to bloody well remain anonymous?

Didn't realise we had that many ex SAS & MI5 past members!

As with any registration form on the web, there is no sure fire way to confirm who the person really is unless you ask for credit card details or something like that, and I'm not going down that road. We are currently getting around 200 unique visitors a day to the site from about 20 Countries most of them don't register. I have no problem with people keeping their details private, I do have a problem with people posting crap on the forums.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to control, I presently delete 4 or 5 spammers a day, some times one is going to slip through, there is just too much money to be made selling the crap they do, also every time they get a link to their page it is picked up by the big search engines  who visit this site daily now, and it improves the scumbags site ranking therefore when someone searches for the crap they push they have a better chance of being on Google's first page. People very rarely go past the first or second page when searching. So getting their links onto a site like ours (we rank very high on Google) is what they want.

The only thing to do is keep on banning them and and deleting the posts if I miss any just email me and I will get after them. It will get worse as well as we get more popular, I am now seeing a lot more Bots ( automated account creators and posters) hit the site thats why you have to enter numbers and letters into the box when you sign up now. It is a battle to keep ahead of these scumbag spammers and believe me I hate them, but they are very clever and very strong just take a look at what happened to bluefrog. Go to Google and type in bluefrog. Just got to keep on fighting the F**kers.

Army Catering Corps

Re: "Registered Users"
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 09:10:38 PM »