to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Army Catering Manual  (Read 11929 times)

davidevans

Army Catering Manual
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »
My 4/80 catering Manual is getting very old and battered! I was wondering if there is a current version and if it is available to purchase? I googled but the only documents I could find were relating to everything in catering management except the cooking - do they still cook or have they followed the Navy and just re-heat food?

Army Catering Corps

Army Catering Manual
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »

Offline Bobnicol

• phpBB L/Cpl.
Re: Army Catering Manual
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:11:33 PM »
Did you manage to find an up to date Manual, I have a 1992 version in word doc format, EMail me at bobnicol@sky.com and i will send it to you .
 :)

Jerry Hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 03:57:45 AM »
Bob,
If you still have the manual  in word could you e-mail it to me please
  jeremy.hunter@ntlworld.com

Jerry Hunter

kassiopi

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:28:45 PM »
Would appreciate a copy of your manual if possible, as i have been trying to find a copy of the 1970's version to no avail, if possible please send to refman1@btinternet.com

Many Thanks

pitbull10

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 05:05:46 PM »
Kassiopi and Jerry Hunter.

Check your email.

Hope you dont mind Bob, I've passed it on.

Rob :)

Jerry Hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 06:51:58 AM »
Thanks Rob

all recieved

Jerry

Offline stampy608

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 07:56:07 AM »
I stumbled across a MACs 1965(red book) in a book shop in Cornwall some years ago.  Obviously never used in a pastry shop.  I never saw one in service(breast fed on MACS1977), but it still makes interesting reading, the section on Malay catering in particular.  Not bad for 4 quid! ;D

scottie

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »
Hi Guys,
i have been trying to source a manual for a while, but to no luck. I think it is one of, if not the best books about, if anyone has a electronic version and would be willing to email me one at scotti.d@hotmail.co.uk i would be very thankful.
Scottie

rubberguts

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »
Can't say I remember much about the cooking manual but I do remember standing behind the prep bench and listening to the words spoken before we commenced the first cooking lesson. Making Raspberry buns.
 "Forget what it says in here." said the Instructor, waving the manual above his head. "Always double the amount of baking powder required in the recipes and you can't go wrong."

Offline denis huxley

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:25:41 PM »
Good grief! My personal copy is the 1954 edition,with all the amendments carefully taped in. Perhaps it has antique value now. Will not bin it in case i get a good offer. It sits well on the shelf between Delia and Jamie.

rubberguts

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
One of our hallowed army catering manuals up languishing  between  a pair of complete Tossers? Oh the shame of it. My beef olives will never taste the same.

Janner

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 12:08:55 AM »
Have a look at the following link JSP 404 is the catering manual http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/MicroSite/DES/OurPublications/CateringPublications/

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 12:08:55 AM »