to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: JTR.A.Coy Officers  (Read 5559 times)

james ongley

JTR.A.Coy Officers
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:28:10 AM »
It amazes me that Officers and SeniorRanks with a JTR.Apprenticeship do not contribute to this site .In 1964 a J/Lcpl. told us that if we worked for him he would look after us. He did just that,we were best room with2nd-3rd and 4rth best recruite and he got his 2nd tape.That J/nco went on to be J/RSM and we the 2nd and 3rd.went on to be J/CSM J/SGT respectively.As we passed-in J/RSM Norris and J/sgt.Swan passed out.A year later the Apps. Dick and Dau passed out,these ex.JTR. Tradesmen were all promoted to the rank of Major.In those days a J/App. stood up when spoken to by senior J/Apps. and mutual respect was hard to get.As a junior I new these 4 and respected them as my senior although I doubt any one  of them have ever heard of me.I,    like many others J/Apps.fully appreciate the training and skills we were taught at St.Omer,be it cookery-management or organization the training was TOP. Many of us who left the Corps have benifited from this training in our new field of work and look back with fond memories.So to cut a long story short-HAVE THEY ALL FORGOTTEN where they came from.PS. The J/Lcpl who went on to become J/RSM.was Wally Torrington.

Army Catering Corps

JTR.A.Coy Officers
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:28:10 AM »

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Re: JTR.A.Coy Officers
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 02:36:24 AM »
Well Wally and Dougie Dau certainly haven't!  They are both staunch supporters of the ACC Association and attend many events.  Wally has done a lot of work in archiving all the Corps memorabilia over the past few years in preparation for the move to Worthy Down from St Omer.  As for the other three.............they're too busy enjoying living in Cyprus. 8)

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 07:07:05 PM »
Just to chip in here, we have about 600 members on the site at present not all active, and each day the site has about 200+ visitors from around 40 countries. These numbers are an average, so I guess a lot of people just like to read or remain in the background,So it may well be the people you mentioned actually read the forums.

james ongley

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:01:05 AM »
You chaps donīt have to be so protective. The question was put at the ex App. and not at the Officers and in no way was discourtesy intended. The training we all recieved in the 60s. was a sound base for a future career.It pleases me to see that Apps.I served with got to where they wanted. We all had the same chance,- they made the most of it.
Therefor, since you set this site up to bring us all together, itīs up to the 600 to send in there favourite Dish/Story -Who knows we might end up feeding the 5000 and everyone will have something to read or maybe even relate to.........Give my regards to Wally when you see him.

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:12:33 AM »
By the way you can always see how many people are on the forums by looking at the bottom of the main page, presently its saying 1 user (me) and 4 guests

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:12:33 AM »