to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Jerry Hunter is Looking for anyone with the Irish Guards  (Read 4292 times)

Jerry Hunter

Jerry Hunter is Looking for anyone with the Irish Guards
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:59:42 AM »
Hi am looking for anyone who seved with the Irish Guards 77 -80
couple of names John Mckeown, pete brotherston, Jim barlow(master Chef) John Clavin (JC)Sgt
keith Middleton, Fletch, George or Jock(sorry forgot last name)
love to hear from anyone.
Jerry Hunter
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 01:20:41 AM by Jerry Hunter »

Army Catering Corps

Jerry Hunter is Looking for anyone with the Irish Guards
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:59:42 AM »

Osca

Re: Jerry Hunter is Looking for anyone with the Irish Guards
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »
Hi Jerry,

I dont know if you remember me, my name is Cl;ive Addison and I joined the rear party of Irish Guards in the old Victoria barracks, Windsor straight from St Omar in January 1979 (the main party was in Berlize at the time). I was the one with the Honda CB200 that went up in the fire.

A couple of names you might remember was Roy Bayes (exceptional exercise cook) and Ricky Brown, a young scottish lad who enjoyed the drink a bit to much on occasions (in fact I remember returning from a night out in Eton when he tred to jump off the bridge)

JC was the "Regimental Cook", an ex Guardsman who had an evil sence of humour. I remember he asked my opinion of his sauce on day not long after I had joined the unit. He gave me a teaspoon of pure Tobassco sauce to try.

I also remember a couple of young chefs who worked as waiters at the Blazers club.

If I remember correctly, the butcher took a dislike to Jim Barlow one night after a few drinks and droped a fire extinguisher on the bonnet of his Capri.

I met up with "Jack the Press" a few years ago, He was a Team Leader for BP's in house security. He was living near Farnborough at the time. He used to arrange all the "off camp" work such as Boyers in Slough.

If you want to reply please use my personal e-mail: cliveraddison@talktalk.net

regards

Clive Addison

Army Catering Corps

Re: Jerry Hunter is Looking for anyone with the Irish Guards
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »