to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: What happened to me jerry Hunter  (Read 5317 times)

Jerry Hunter

What happened to me jerry Hunter
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »
I left the Corps in 1986 found work as a chef at local Hospital In WGC Herts after 4 months went  into contract catering with Gardner merchant stayed with them for about 8 years then moved to the Compass group as a head chef worked my way up to a group catering manager with the hertfordshire Police  then went to the met police training centre gravesend left there as was struck down with bells palsy (due to stress) went to Cambridgeshire Police as Chef manager then back to  herts police as Catering manager with a company called ARAMARK, Got the sack from them  December 2008 am now working 7 days a week just to make ends meet on the agency. If I had known then what I know now then I would never have left the corps after ten years service. it has been a struggle from day 1 when I left having to get used to the civvie way of doing things and the poor wages took me at least 5 years  to get up to the wage I had when I left the corps and having to prove each time that I CAN COOK  and am better than half the numties that are leaving catering college now. At 51 life should be getting a bit easier now  but hey ho its off to work we go as they say. having said all that I have enjoyed most aspects of civvie life  the thing I miss most is the friendships and camaraderie with the corps  where ever you got posted you always had friends and mates  I found it hard to adjust to civvie life when I left  took me about 4 years  to get accustomed to it.

Army Catering Corps

What happened to me jerry Hunter
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »