to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Lt Col (QM) Frank (Dusty) Miller  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Lt Col (QM) Frank (Dusty) Miller
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
Frank Miller passed away in the early hours of 9th August 2009 after a long illness, he was 78 years old.  

I have known Frank since joining JTR in 1962 as a young lad of 15, and he became over the years a true friend and mentor.

I was not unique, Frank always had time for his proteges and inspired many young boys in their formative years.

He was greatly respected by Privates to Generals and his cheery and positive attitude always shone through especially when you were going through a bad time.

I will miss him and those words he used to greet me with every time we ended up at a bar or reunion somewhere, "Scott you bloody rogue how the hell are you?"

I will post funeral details on the Site once I have them, my thoughts are now with his lovely wife Jessie and his Family

Rest in Peace dear and valued friend
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:54:51 AM by Ian E Scott »

Army Catering Corps

Lt Col (QM) Frank (Dusty) Miller
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »

Supachef

Re: Lt Col (QM) Frank (Dusty) Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:24:10 AM »
I would like to add my humble condolences to Dusty Miller's family. As an ex apprentice of 1964 vintage my barrack block in Scarisbrick platoon was opposite Dusty's office when he was CSM of B Coy. Now that I'm old and have too much time on my hands to think back to the "good old days?" there are certain names that stay in one's memory forever, names like Chunky Wright, Pete Lines, Paddy Dowd, Q Pat, I could go on but one name that I would definitely include in that list would be Dusty. You can be justly proud of the effect you had on peoples careers and future lives.

Rest in Peace Dusty

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 03:46:27 AM »
Frank's funeral arrangements are as follows:

Date:                    Tue 25 Aug 09
Time:                    1300 hrs
Service:                Royal Garrison Church of All Saints
Committal:           Aldershot Crematorium - family only
Donations:            To be split between ACC/RLC and Sgts P&P Associations; all cheques payable to
                           RLC Association please and send to me at ACC Association or place in the offertory plate at the church.
Reception:            After the church service at Potter's International Hotel.
                            The family would be pleased to see any of Frank's friends and colleagues when they return from the Crematorium.
Funeral Director:    Finch & Sons, 123, High St, Aldershot, GU11 1TT
                            Tel:    01252 322281
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:09:27 PM by Ian E Scott »

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 03:46:27 AM »