to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: 3 Armd Div HQ & Sig Regt  (Read 10777 times)

Terry Tyson

3 Armd Div HQ & Sig Regt
« on: October 20, 2009, 02:02:11 AM »
Hi,

Just wondered if any of the superchefs from 3 ADSR were still around or looking in?

Terry

Army Catering Corps

3 Armd Div HQ & Sig Regt
« on: October 20, 2009, 02:02:11 AM »

Offline keithbennett

• phpBB L/Cpl.
Re: 3 Armd Div HQ & Sig Regt
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 02:48:13 AM »
hello terry,yes i was at St Sebastion,and Salamanca,1980-84,cant remember your name so perhaps you were after 84,capt/major Hill,colin Fagg,wo2,then capt geoff warburton,wo2 tony deville,and finally capt Radcliffe.

Terry Tyson

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:34:15 AM »
Keith - yeah, just after that - I took over from Tony D' stayed there as M.Chef then a year as RCWO - used to curse those scaley's at times but looking back - happy days ha ha

Kev Simcox

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »
Hello Terry
I was at St Sebastian as well i think you were RCWO when i was there with like of Robbo, Jock Hutchinson, Brain the civi in the pastry shop amongst others, i went back to Bulford with 3ADSR and got caught on options in 93 but rejoined in 2001 although in a different unit and job and still in now at 46.

npl3762

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »
i was at san Sebastian and remember tony devil, john vernon, Dave woolwich and cant remember there first names but jackson and teague. plus the pioneer who transfered.

mcquillan

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 06:15:06 AM »
Hi Terry, and others that know me,

Paul McQuillan here, was a Lcpl when at San Seb, agree with your comment on Scallies! was there in the era off Russel/Sinclair as catering officers and Ssgt Bennett cant remember his first name.

Extremely good times serving with the likes of Mel summersole? offs mess manager ex corp,and in no particular order, big Bill Innes (legend!), Rick King, Kev Thorne (now commisioned), Phil Ings (last seen across the water in 99 - 2000?) , Phil Brewer, Steve Wells, Davie Fotherinham (last seen  2008),  ging gunston? Anita? who went on to marry Ned Kelly, and also the mighty Connan Burke always remember there was a "buffet team" at christmas and summer and it was so competative leading up to those events to be in the buffet team! I remember Brian the scouse civvi chef and there was a German Chef chap with a beard? and a Brit pan wash guy? ( with glasses, ex chef?) oh and just come to me a civvi chef who also worked in Big Ben in town as a DJ was it titch Small???

Also remember coming off the numerous exercises and having an Ex debreif in the chefs bar across from the kitchen and being there all day/nite!

dont go on to this site much but will try to check weekly so great to catch up.

All the best

Paul

Terry Tyson

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 04:27:25 AM »
Hey Paul

Yeah, I remember you mate. Guy in the panwash with the glasses was Ollie Oliver - ex corps and found his place in life with the dixies lol
'Nita Gwilliams - yep married Ned, last I heard I think they had a couple of kids who are probably grown ups by now! Davie is a lead ops manager with compass Group, saw him last year - still couldn't pass a BFT ha ha. (That being said I doubt I could either!) Wasn't it Titch Simpson? Seems to ring a bell. I think Bill ended up back in Jockland running a small holding and working in a quarry! German chef was Ulli something or other. Good to hear from you Paul, belief it or not I've been doing a bit of cheffing today - must have picked something up from you guys on the buffet team ha ha. Cooks bar - happy days hic!

TerryT

bedders19

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 04:52:02 AM »
Hi Terry,

George Bedford here, I did my "YTS" at San Seb when you were there and i remember seeing you again at St Omer when i joined up!
I remember Paul and most of the names mentioned mainly Con, Dave Fotheringham and Dave Woolwich and Harry Frost who was always doing Buffets. Loved every minute working there with some great people even if they did take the p with some of my mistakes..... made my 37 Marks a week in wages worth it!!!!
By the way i thought Titch's surname was Poole?

George

Offline keithbennett

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 03:42:20 AM »
Yes ,he was called tich poole,he was in the salamanca barracks,with 5 armoured workshops ,then came up to san sebastion,has a civvy chef,he was married to a german woman,think they split up when he left the army.

Terry Tyson

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 03:11:38 AM »
Yep that sounds about right.

Hey George! You mean we paid you in San Sebastian? Christ I thought you were paying us ha ha.

Good to hear from you mate - happy days eh!

Offline keithbennett

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 04:22:35 AM »
hi george,last saw you at un ,in cyprus,so what or where are you now.keith

bedders19

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 05:48:17 AM »
Hi Keith,
Did you work in the Officer's Mess at the top camp? I remember Ronnie Paton, Taff and Ian all great lads
I can picture a lot of faces but can't remember the names, must be all the brandy sours!!!!!
After Cyprus I went to Warminster did a dog handlers course and went to Ireland
I'm out now and living in Colchester working in despatch / exports for an American company.
What about yourself?

Offline keithbennett

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »
yes george ,i was at the officers mess,live in Norway ,where i settled after leaving the army.

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »