to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: General. The Way Of The Future.  (Read 5515 times)

rubberguts

General. The Way Of The Future.
« on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
          Master Chef. The everlasting series where new hopefuls vow cooking is where they are at, somehow you just know that today's episode will include yet another cooking cock up that always turns out to win the most votes.
          Looking at the stats, food fads are now firmly with a feed of fast food. Mum comes home laden with today's offering of Chinese, Maccas,  FCK, etc., and throws them to the kids, who are seated in front of Tele, glued to Masterchef.
          What will the next generation soldier expect in the way of nosh?.
Food as we knew it will be totally alien to them.
          I foresee the way forward as being a centralized distribution unit with orders emailed through from theatres of operation on a daily basis from places  like Afghanistan. Orders will be passed to fast food outlets who deliver to the Depot where the food is flown over the area and parachuted down.
           So Lads. Whatever name the future corps will be known by, the motto will be..... "We Disdain."  ;)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 02:32:44 AM by rubberguts »

Army Catering Corps

General. The Way Of The Future.
« on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Re: General. The Way Of The Future.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
That's Very Cynical John  ;D
Doesn't the Pizza man do that now? :o

Offline fatcivvie

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
i cook for the military now, and believe me it is not a thing of the future it is happening now. fresh food on the hotplate is alien to most of our customers. they cannot reconise it unless it has a big mac,pizza hut,or a kfc wrapper we dispare sometimes.thats progress i suppose

rubberguts

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »
That's Very Cynical John  ;D
Doesn't the Pizza man do that now? :o
Sorry for the cynicism Ian. Not intended as such, rather more a sentimental echo of sorrow and regret. :-[

Offline denis huxley

• phpBB L/Cpl.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »
John,
On the ball again. Your spelling of KFC is almost perfect. Try F -CK( real food).
How delicate of you not to mention the size of the sofa seated siblings. The good news is, that if they stir themselves and join the Army,the chances are that their road block rears will reduce.
I hope that in NZ you are not afflicted with the fall out (chuck out the window) roadside litter from fast junk outlets. Normally in UK said outlet is about 2 miles from where you find the red and white wrappers .

rubberguts

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
i cook for the military now, and believe me it is not a thing of the future it is happening now. fresh food on the hotplate is alien to most of our customers. they cannot reconise it unless it has a big mac,pizza hut,or a kfc wrapper we dispare sometimes.thats progress i suppose

This truly is a sorry state of affairs. Perhaps the answer would be to put all enlistments through the B3 course as well as other support units to gain an appreciation of the back up required to operate an army.

rubberguts

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
John,
On the ball again. Your spelling of KFC is almost perfect. Try F -CK( real food).
How delicate of you not to mention the size of the sofa seated siblings. The good news is, that if they stir themselves and join the Army,the chances are that their road block rears will reduce.
I hope that in NZ you are not afflicted with the fall out (chuck out the window) roadside litter from fast junk outlets. Normally in UK said outlet is about 2 miles from where you find the red and white wrappers .

Hi there Denis,
                  Funnily. Until now,I assumed the name FCK arose from the sound people made when chicken fat ruined their best suit.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:31:12 AM by rubberguts »

chris1957au

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 10:46:11 PM »
Sadly worked as a contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan cooking for the military and most of it was fast food,

You had fesh style food on the line but the take up was small compared to the burgers, hot dogs Pizzas, chicken wings, toasted sandwichs and fries

At TQ out side Falujah we served around 40,000 meals a day 75% to 80% was fast food.

The amout of soft drink that was consumed was even worse at least 4 can per person per day.

rubberguts

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 12:21:20 PM »
  Holy Sh*t. If I was faced with that many meal numbers, I would thanking my lucky stars fast food was available.   What was the mess hall cleaning like? 

chris1957au

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:28 PM »
Well we ctered for around 4000 per meal in the main mess hall with 1500 in a mess hall 12km away at the other side of the base, the remainder was packed it to cambro's and sent to units around the base.

I had arounf 220 staff runing two 12 hour shifts, and the dining room attendants ran a lot,  pre-pot wash was outside and we used a power wash it worked really well.

Chris

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:28 PM »