to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: what you all doing now?  (Read 4296 times)

chris mooney

what you all doing now?
« on: January 10, 2006, 10:50:35 PM »
interesting to know what the old sweats are doing now..what happened when you left the corps and where you all ended up!!
to start off i left in 1994 phase 2 redundancy (i think) and live in romford essex.worked as head chef in a multitude of establishments,about to move to loire valley france to open up a little b and b and semi retire!!?? have a look at www.laconfiance.net on the "food" page to see what a 1980 7 squad b platoon drilled by tim turner pat burns  paul stebbings and eddie middle turned out like!!

Army Catering Corps

what you all doing now?
« on: January 10, 2006, 10:50:35 PM »

Mike

Into the unkown
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »
Hi Chris,
Just a quick note to wish you and your familiy well in your move to France. After I left the ACC having served 22 years I moved to Spain to run a bar/restaurant, kept my house in UK ( wise move ) stayed in Spain for 9 years, had a great time ,made a few bob and now happerly retired back in Southern England. Good Luck.

Regards Mike

Anonymous

what you all doing now?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 06:36:44 PM »
my brother moved to torreviecja(think thats spelt wrong) near Alicante to retire with his missus and having the time of his life...interesting job he's got for himself..he was a prison officer and did a bricklaying course in the prison alongside the inmates..now he's in constant demand to build brick barbecues!! nicknamed the spanish bob the builder!!
would find spain too hot for me..the loire has nice summers but plenty of seasonal variations.regards
chris mooney

Army Catering Corps

what you all doing now?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 06:36:44 PM »