to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: 20 - 20 Football Event in Aid of Help For Heroes at Loftus Road on 20 May 2012  (Read 6531 times)

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
This Event is in aid of Help 4 Heroes and British Heart Foundation.

The Chairman of 20 - 20 is Frank Pawley, ex Corps, please help support this event by emailing all your address book contacts and support H4H. :)

Tickets are now on sale for the Elite Legends Cup (ELC), sponsored by Samerai, and Fallen Heroes Trophy, which is taking place at Loftus Road on Sunday 20th May.

The ELC will be contested between QPR, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal with a whole host of former legends in action.

Rodney Marsh, Les Ferdinand, Paul Parker and Marc Bircham are just a handful of names who will be pulling on the Blue and White Hoops while the likes of Nigel Winterburn, Paul Merson, Jaap Stam, Paul Ince, Vinny Jones and Gianfranco Zola will be in action for their respective sides.

http://www.20-20football.com

http://www.qpr.co.uk

Ticket Link Below

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2695199,00.html

SAMERAI ELITE LEGENDS CUP AND FALLEN HEROES TROPHY

FOR SUNDAY MAY 20, AT LOFTUS ROAD
3pm:       MANCHESTER UNITED V. ARSENAL
4pm:       QPR V CHELSEA
5.15pm:  FINAL
(12.pm: CURTAIN RAISER; THREE FORCES TEAMS) Army Navy Air force Fallen Heroes Trophy

The combined events, seven teams playing 20-mins each half, is exceptionally reasonably priced at:
£20 adults (£25 after May 1st)
£10 children
£50 for family of four, two adults, two children.

PLANET HOLLYWOOD IS GIVING AWAY 25% OFF VOUCHERS FOR FIRST 5,000 FANS WHO BUY TICKETS FOR THE
ELITE LEGENDS CUP AND FALLEN HEROES TROPHY
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:19:58 PM by Ian E Scott »

Army Catering Corps

pitbull10

Not that I can make this event, but under no circumstances will I support H4H on anything they are involved in.

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
 ??? Each to their own Pitbull.  That's democracy in action................a reason to support your statement may'be?

Offline magpie24

• Administrator
  • phpBB Cpl.
  • Welcome to the Army catering corps website.
    • http://www.armycateringcorps.co.uk
Can you say why.. Is it something we should all know??

Not that I can make this event, but under no circumstances will I support H4H on anything they are involved in.

keith@home

read h4h published accounts and see how much money goes to the people who started it. the rbl helps exservice men from all wars and operations,check out who h4h support, most excorp members are out side their feild of support.

pitbull10

Spot on there Kieth.

H4H claim to be a military charity, but they are, lets say sellective in who they help. it was set up post 9/11 but deep down in there policy is a little thing called the 9 year rule, So anyone who has been involved prior to 2003 dont get any help????
then if you need help they will only help once and once only. We all know vets that need continued help to get back into civi life and to cope with all that it intails.
they are sat on millions of pounds in the name of charity, a good charity is broke because they help the people they say they will.
I am a SAAFA helper, which is one of the oldest charities out there, they are struggling for fund that H4H have got from the public in the name of a military charity, most of the legit charities are not getting a look in, these guys slogg hour and hours a week looking after anyone and i mean anyone even with one days service who needs it. The public are unaware of the selectiveness of H4H, the public have been amazing i'm not knocking the donations.it how its being spent, it is all needed the more and more that are coming home in bits.

The Government have a lot to hide there heads in shame for, and letting H4H set up in the first place is one of them. We have RBL, SAAFA, and a lot more small regiment or corps charities that are fulling by the wayside because of them.
have a look yourself 1.5 million wages, 1.2 m costs etc etc   http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/downloads/annual_report_2010.pdf
Hope that explains my feeling on my previous post.

Rob
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:52:20 PM by pitbull10 »

Offline denis huxley

• phpBB L/Cpl.
Re Help for Heros. It is a clever marketing name,and gets public attention.
i have always supported the Army Benevolent Fund,now renamed the Soldiers Charity, and will continue to do so. In addition we have the ACC Benevolent Fund,now incorporated into the RLC.
I am happy to support old ACC members in need,and when i fall off the saucepan shelf,i have made a bequest in my will that will benefit ex ACC members. Making a will is important,and adding a specific donation is easy.
Think about it gentlemen,

keith@home

in the last few months i have joined the rbl riders branch, you dont join just your local branch the riders are national,(and a motor bike helps).also if your abiker armed forces bikers, both do charity work plus we have a good ride out . ;D

John Holden

Nice one Keith. I'm in the All Arms Veterans Motorcycle Club. Were having a rally to support BLESMA and Pilgrim Bandits. If you follow this link     www.aavmcc.co.uk     you can download the flyer. I'll be in the kitchen cooking for our lads!!!!!! Just no getting away from it!!!! Would be really good to see you there.

TANGO

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
 :(Due to events outside of the organising committees control this event has had to be cancelled.  The event will be re-scheduled at a later date.  The committee apologise for any inconvienience this may have caused.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:29:29 PM by Ian E Scott »

keith@home

willm try john, work for hmp so time off is set in stone
keith

Army Catering Corps