to go back to the main site click www.armycateringcorps.co.uk

Author Topic: Death of Brian North - The St Omer Barber  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Death of Brian North - The St Omer Barber
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
Some very sad news from Brian's daughter:

"This is Lisa I am Brian the Barbers daughter. I need to pass on some sad news my dad passed away suddenly on Tuesday 3rd April & my mum & I wanted to let former ACC personnel know especially as Dad was based up at St Omer Barracks for well over 20 years. We very much want to extend an open invite to his funeral for anyone who would like to attend"

Funeral details to follow.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:24:12 PM by Ian E Scott »

Army Catering Corps

Death of Brian North - The St Omer Barber
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »

Jerry Hunter

Re: Death of Brian - The St Omer Barber
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
So sorry to hear this news Brian was a legend at St Omer  he will be sadly missed RIP Brian

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
Re: Death of Brian North - The St Omer Barber
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »
 :( I have received this message from Lisa regarding Brian's funeral arrangements:

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your kind words, I can't believe that my dad's boys still hold in him such high regard after all of these years but it is really lovley to know that the ACC loved him as much as he loved it. Bless my dad never forgot any of you & he had an ACC Memrobilia wall in his garage which he used to see on a daily basis as he pottered around in his garage.

Dad's funeral is going to be held on Tuesday 17th April at 1330 at Portchester Crematorium, Upper Cornaway Lane, Portchester. PO16 8NE, then it is on afterwards to the Cobb & Penn Pub, 1 Wallington Shore Road, Fareham. PO168SL
Mum & I extend an open invite to anyone who would like to attend.

Thanks for your help in assisting me to get the word out my dad would be truly touched & a little bit embarrased by all of the messages we have received.

Thanks again

Lisa
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:25:37 PM by Ian E Scott »

Offline stampy608

• phpBB L/Cpl.
Re: Death of Brian - The St Omer Barber
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:25 AM »
COs, RSMs, and instructors come and go and will relate to people serving at St Omer at that time, but for me the St Omer constants(in no particular order) would be the Tower Block, the Clock Tower and Brian the barber  - all are now gone but will be equally remembered and respected by all those who trained there.  RIP Brian - thanks for the neckshaves, wit and advice.   :(

Offline Ian E Scott

• phpBB S.Sgt
  • STI, AMF(L) Norway
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:37:48 PM »
I think that Stampy has summed Brian up so well.  Well put Stampy.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:25:14 PM by Ian E Scott »

Charmer

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
Brian saw me through most of my training and even came in early on a Saturday morning to trim my hair for my wedding day 12 April 1975. He also dispensed a shot or two of whiskey and some fatherly advice on that morning 36 years ago.  It must have been bloody good advice beacause we're still together!!!!  Thank you Brian, it's our anniverary tomorrow an we'll be drinking a toast or two to you.

geordie lowerson

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »
I alsoTotally agree in full the statement that Stampy made about Brian. I also remember many haircuts, advise & most of all he listened to our moans & groans about the permanent staff of which he readily agreed, this i thought so at the time was true. But with time on my side now i realise Brian was the Father Figure to all of us boy soldiers. RIP Brian   

Army Catering Corps

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »